Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   F2 Tornado in Cuda's Hometown. U Guys OK? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/147839-f2-tornado-cudas-hometown-u-guys-ok.html)

CigDaze 12-26-2006 11:11 AM

Re: F2 Tornado in Cuda's Hometown. U Guys OK?

I spent Christmas with my folks and they live in Deltona, one town over from Deland where Cuda lives. It was a pretty nasty front that came through. Windy as all hell and some major rainfall. A tornado busted up a mobile home park pretty badly as well as some areas in Daytona Beach. What a shtty drive back last night - all rain the whole way.

CigDaze 12-26-2006 04:57 PM

Just heard that Embry-Riddle University lost 58 planes, some hangers and housing. Also, about 200 nearby mobile homes are gone.

Merry Christmas. :(

fountain1fan 12-26-2006 08:32 PM

any body heard from cuda. let us know :(

Reed Jensen 12-26-2006 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by fountain1fan
any body heard from cuda. let us know :(

He posted earlier this morning on C and B's... He is up in St. Pete and missed the storm. He may return to find that there isn't a lawn for Deb to mow any more... :eek:

cuda 12-27-2006 01:53 AM

We're fine. We left Sunday morning to go to Debbie's parents for Christmas Eve in Dixie County (130 miles), stayed there Sunday night, left there and headed to my parent's house in St Pete (140 miles). On our way there, a freind of ours called on Nextel, he didn't know we were out of town, to tell us to button down, it was headed towards us. The tornadoes hit at the extreme north end of the city, about eight miles from here. Our neighbor that was watching my dogs, said everything was fine here. We just pulled in from St Pete at midnight tonight, and I saw a boat cover I had sitting on another boat wasn't even blow off. I was wondering Sunday night at Deb's parents if we should have been getting in the bomb/storm shelter her dad has built out there, but I thought it was just me not being used to hearing the rain on a metal roof. It did rain like hell that night, but just on and off rain from there to St Pete. There were also so tornadoes in Pasco County while we were driving through, but they were well east of the road we were on.

No problems at all here, thanks for asking.

cuda 12-27-2006 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by Scott B
No answer on his cel, anyone else get through??

Scott, just got your messge today. Thanks for thinking of us. :cool:

Audiofn 12-27-2006 02:52 AM

Cuda glad you are ok man

Downtown42 12-27-2006 03:21 AM

good deal.

BigSilverCat 12-27-2006 03:54 AM

what kind of planes do universitys have? and why would they have 58?

Scott B 12-27-2006 04:03 AM

Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University