If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

It looks like the boatered group is mainly cabin cruisers and families. That was my perception and I may be off. That isn't a issue as am certainly open to tagging along. I had though there was also a group of power boaters who do the run. I'll let you know what I find. Thanks for the boatered link as it has great information. I registered there also.

My Boats:
    1997 Black Thunder SC
    Lake Norman NC

Mrs CNC
    Here is the website for the Florida Powerboat Club

Were doomed! Charter Member Wally's Avatar
    My Boats:
    Chris Craft Stinger 222
    Chicago, IL

Originally posted by Mrs.CNC:
    <STRONG>Hi Wally,

You're right! It was Deanna I spoke to. Thanks. I won't call Karl at work though perhaps he or Deanna will post any info they have. It seems there may be others interested as well after reading the post offered as a link on this topic.

Enjoy our balmy Chicago 50 degrees today </STRONG>
    Karl only check the board once in a blue moon.... If ya want, send him an email [email protected] he checks that like every other day or so.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!

Hey MrsCNC-
    I found this in fla sportsman mag. The islands of bahamas has announced it will sponsor 10 trips in 2002 for novice boaters interested in making the voyage from s.fl. Destinations include bimini, walkers cay, port lucaya,grand bahama, berry islands, nassua, and exuma. Contact the bahama's tourism center, vertical markets unit @ (305)932-0051 or 800 327 7678. My wife and i are interested in doing this trip too - maybe we can get a oso flotila out there

Good luck

Hey Dena,
    Talk to Keith Gomez when u call the Bahama tourism 800-327-7678. Real knowledgeable/friendly. They have several trips...wkndrs/10days. I'd be interested in the wkndr (personally) leave Thurs am/return Sun noon. They just group the boats by date, not size/power,etc. A mix of boats @ 30 boats. There is one leaving for June 20-23rd. $75 reg fee-non refund/ could put forth to next trip if cancellation/weather..etc. He did say that Seatow was the one to get registered w/ in the event of a failure. Also the captains mtg. is mandatory the nite b4 to go. They will be updating their site w/ more info soon ( I'd ask them to mail the info if you're interested. I did-hope it gets here soon.

Maybe we could get some OSO's (30)together to have our own trip

My Boats:
    38' Cigarette, 42'Post, Driver:F2-07 Wild Child
    Greenwich CT. U S of A

Your best bet is to call Stu Jones (FL powerboat club).
    Well organized trips with plenty of similar intrest boaters.
    Mechanics are present and there is a navigation/lead boat.
    If you haven't done it before by yourself, FL Powerboat Club is the way to go.
    954 782-3768 (I think)

My Boats:
    Bertram 38' Comp'
    Deland, Fl

Thumbs up

Mrs. CNC, I can help you out. just got back from Bimini last week, was awesome!.
    please ask, and I will answere. Mr. Bravo III

My Boats:
    1993 Stryker
    Prospect, Ky

Thumbs up Get "Yachtsmans Guide to The Bahamas",it has harbor entrance charts and radio & nav channels,rules and also good info on docks & services a must read before you go.Try this site also, Have fun Doug

[ 01-27-2002: Message edited by: Dixie Doug ]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12