Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Bill harris saga takes a positive step, pleads guilty to all counts...but.. >

Bill harris saga takes a positive step, pleads guilty to all counts...but..

Notices

Bill harris saga takes a positive step, pleads guilty to all counts...but..

Old 08-17-2004, 11:47 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts
Default Bill harris saga takes a positive step, pleads guilty to all counts...but..

On friday, Bill Harris, pleaded guilty in Forsyth County court to all counts pending against him.

The DA decided against all plaintiffs wishes to accept the plea and sentence him to 10yrs(he was facing 120) with release coming after 1 yr. He gets credit for time served so he will be out in 5 months.

He will be put on some sort of restitution plan that will be at LEAST 10 yrs, maybe 20. If he gets killed or put back in jail we all get nothing.

It's been said that if they gave him no probation he was willing to pay everyone immediately. The DA refused to allow him the deal because she wanted him to serve more time.

Now we all get a restitution hearing in a month or so and have to prove AGAIN how much we are owed. He won't begin to pay until the spring.

I'm glad we were proved right, but I am pizzed off about the arrangement being made without any victim input.

If you don't remember, or are unfamiliar, here is a link to the story as it unfolded.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...ht=bill+harris

Greg
Old 08-17-2004, 11:51 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Bill harris saga takes a positive step, pleads guilty to all counts...but..

Sounds like a bittersweet verdict. Hope you get your money back from the turd.
Old 08-18-2004, 08:36 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Bill harris saga takes a positive step, pleads guilty to all counts...but..

Good for you guy's! BH
Old 08-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It has just begun for us!!!
Old 01-05-2007, 06:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Just heard they had another court session toay and BILL HARRIS went back to jail. He's been dragging on his payments. Good job Mr judge!
Old 01-05-2007, 06:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Yo Bill.....
Attached Thumbnails Bill harris saga takes a positive step, pleads guilty to all counts...but..-pierresilber_1930_345721313.gif  
Old 01-05-2007, 08:40 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

hope you get every $$ deserved plus and this bastard gets his as well..
Old 01-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Bill tried his snake oil sales pitch on me , too bad he ripped off some good guy's which are now my friends.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:13 AM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

It's true. He's back in jail for the time being.

After a letter I crafted was signed by all the victims and forwarded by hand to the judge he got a little pizzed. Member Rbr2328(Beau) did a lot of investigating and proved he was making money running business' in Las Vegas even though his parole is in FayettevilleNC and he can't travel. We told the judge we had been paid back about 3k of the approx. 120k we should have split by now.

He had Bill appear on a contempt charge. He pleaded poverty and the judge took him away in cuffs.

He is in til he pays 15k to get out, then has 90 days to come up with the nearly 120k he is behind or he will serve the remaining 10 years of his sentence.

Don't know if it's good or bad for us..........as long as it is bad for him I don't care.

Will update as it unfolds.
Old 01-06-2007, 02:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just don't understand how these guys get away with "hidden monies" for items

Good Luck guys

Quick Reply: Bill harris saga takes a positive step, pleads guilty to all counts...but..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.