Notices

OT Auto body work

Old 02-08-2002, 10:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post OT Auto body work

I was reading in a Off-roading mag about a place out in Cali called 1 Day body shop (or something like that) that does budget body work. They (the mag) brought in a Blazer that was really rough and had them do quite a bit of bodywork and put on a fiberglass front end and paint it all for under 800 bucks. I checked there website out http://www.1daypaint.com/ and they show a basic paint job for under 300 bucks.

So heres my question, is there anywhere around Michigan that does this for that kind of price? I know its not a show quality paint job but heck, I've got a 84 Blazer that needs some rust work done and like three small dents and its ready for some paint. I use this vehicle to pull the boat and take it in the trails alot so I am not looking for a show paint job anyways. It still has the original paint on it now and most of it doesn't look bad. I dont want to spend big bucks on body work and paint but I need to do something to stop the rust from growing and to make it look decent.
Any input is welcomed.
Thanks!!
Old 02-08-2002, 10:30 AM
Registered

Bring it to the OSO party and we can do it while we drink all crazy's beer
Old 02-08-2002, 10:42 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Yea, Maaco. Just remember that you get what you pay for. What do you think you are going to get for $800? You wouldn't believe how much a used fender will cover. It's amazing...
Old 02-08-2002, 10:48 AM
Registered

I had $680 in paint supplies just to do my truck...
Old 02-08-2002, 11:14 AM
Registered

Well, in the mag they got one heck of a paint job, a whole lot of body work and a fiberglass front clip and hood for less than 800 bucks. I dont need the front clip just need the kick panels replaced and a couple of rust spots taken care of. Heck the paint job is the least of my concern. I'll break out the spray bombs before I throw big dollars on paint but I need some body work done first.
I can drive my blazer to cali and stay in a hotel for the week and drive it back for the price that most shops around here want for the job.
Old 02-08-2002, 11:41 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts
I checked with MAACO when my '89 S-10 Blazer was keyed all the way around. For their cheapy specials they have a couple different levels of service. Depending on what you pay, depends on home much sanding and prep work you get. The nice cars they have on the commercials are not their cheapy specials. I would venture to say they are the original paint on those cars. I am also betting that the article was written as an advrtisement to a point, and they did a lot more than $800 dollars worth of work to it. Good luck, but remember you get what you pay for.

When we were all broke, and enlisted in the Air Force, my buddy's Dad traded a cermanic tile foyer job for a paint job on my buddy's 5.0 convertible. They took it up to PA from DC, on a Friday, and he was back on Sunday night. From then on, we called the 5.0 "Drip", because that is all you could see down the ground effects.
Old 02-08-2002, 03:14 PM
Registered

TTT^

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: Red Stripe ]
Old 02-10-2002, 10:25 PM
Registered

^
Old 02-10-2002, 11:23 PM
Mike J

Oneday Paint is a chain of body
shops here in Calif. you never
know what quality of work you
will get.
Mike J.

Old 02-11-2002, 09:55 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
My budy just had his old Volvo painted at Maco. He was just looking to get it to pass inspection one more time. I was amazed at what they did for 450 bucks. The car looked real good. So of course my response was well lets see how it looks in a year. Well it is one year later and guess what it still looks good!!! There is a little bit of rust poking through in one spot but that is totally to be expected. You can pay thousands for a paint job and have that happen. Also the Layout that these shops that pump this stuff out can do is amazing!!! They paint so much stuff that they can really lay out the paint nice.

Jon

Quick Reply: OT Auto body work

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.