Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I'm thinking about getting SeaTow Coverage... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/14822-im-thinking-about-getting-seatow-coverage.html)

Dean Ferry 02-08-2002 10:16 AM

I'm thinking about getting SeaTow Coverage...

And i was wondering who/where are the best deals/coverages? I boat mainly in the ICW, and the Atlantic Ocean, and I'm wondering what coverage to get? I heard awhile back that BoatUS offers a similiar deal, but it's is or is not SeaTow and their rates were pretty good? The best I've seen for SeaTow is the basic coverage for $95/yr.
Thanks for the input,
MD

Tantrum 02-08-2002 10:30 AM

I have Sea Two coverage and have been very happy with them, Actually had to use there service once (late night) and they came through like champs, HOWEVER,
A few months back while there was discussion about the STM folks and which organizations were defending boaters rights, Sea Tow came up a zero. I e-mailed them personally and got no respons (twice). Boat US on the other hand has info right on there website and openly discuss the issues as well as finance council to protect our rights.
I am one hundred percent for preserving our environment, I do believe there are some extreme views out there that will do whatever necessary to achieve their narrow minded goals. I will do whatever I can to support the organizations that atleast make an attempt to keep these types honest.
Just something to consider, Im going to when its time to re-sign

spitfire1 02-08-2002 10:44 AM

Dean.....I just signed up with BoatUS...unlimited coverage for 99.00 and you then get discounts on everything in the store...even discounted boat show tickets.....hope I never need the coverage but in the event you do....one tow pays for itself......Rich :cool:

Dean Ferry 02-08-2002 10:47 AM

Tamtrum,
I too, will follow that lead, thanks for the heads up about Sea Tow NON-Position of Boaters rights! :mad: I WILL NOT patronize boating related organizations that don't have us boater's best interests @ heart!
Do you know any speicifics on the BoatUS Tow assistance programs?
Thanks again,
MD

Shooter 02-08-2002 10:52 AM

It is the best value in boating. I'm a member 4 years now. I blew my engine at the PowerBoat Brunch up in Manhatten on the EAst River. They responded in 45 minutes and the tow how to my house dock was 4.5 ours.

They are the best.

Dean Ferry 02-08-2002 10:53 AM

SF1,
Did you join @ a store or @ the website or what? Is there a mileage from your dock/trailer limitations in the BoatUS policy? I boat up to 40-50 miles away from the lift sometimes, and I don't want coverage milage limitations, (Like you I hope NEVER to use it, just piece of mind)
Is your coverage good for the Keys and the Bahama's?
Thanks for the info, how's the Cig's. Hydraulic Steering project coming?
MD

Cord 02-08-2002 10:55 AM

Coasties didn't charge me anything. :rolleyes: :D

Dean Ferry 02-08-2002 10:55 AM

Shooter,
I'm confused, do you have BoatUS or SeaTow Coverage?
Thanks for your input,
MD

MikeStar 02-08-2002 10:59 AM

Regarding tow policies in general, you Florida types would be wise to ensure your policy covers you outside US waters (read: Bermuda, etc). I've heard that some do not.

MD, for the straight scoop on Seatow, you might try posting over at www.boatered.com; the guy that started the site, Les Hall, is a VP with Seatow, and I can guarantee that Les is no friend of the STM types! Boatered is focused on more "general" boating than OSO, but it is the only other boating site I visit on a regular basis.

Be interested to see what Les has to say...

Dean Ferry 02-08-2002 11:02 AM

Cord,
I hope not too have a "MAJOR BREAKDOWN/GROUNDING" as bad as you did bud! :eek: Just looking for a tow home from a spun prop, etc.
Congrats. on the Firehawk deal! Have you bought all your accessories yet? I can get you in touch with my bud who gets deals on EVERYTHING that's Hi-Perf.
Let me know,
MD