Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   single v bottom with #6 (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/148270-single-v-bottom-6-a.html)

cougarman 01-02-2007 08:35 AM

Re: single v bottom with #6

Originally Posted by AIR TIME (Post 1979665)
I thought Dans was a 24 outlaw ?

I believe you are right !!:D

Cougarman

JCPERF 01-02-2007 10:09 AM

Cougarman, do you have any pics of Check300's Testiclces.How do they fit under the dash?:eek: :eek: :evilb:

cougarman 01-02-2007 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by JCPERF (Post 1979816)
Cougarman, do you have any pics of Check300's Testiclces.How do they fit under the dash?:eek: :eek: :evilb:

JCPerf,

As you see in the Photo's articfriends posted it is a nice clean package. The exhaust is under the water and is super quite and all white looks like a super stocker. Comming up to the dock it idles like 800 or less the boat is unreal.

When we went for a ride and he punched it we were at speed so quick it was unreal. Almost hard to get the sensation of how fast you were going cause it happens so quick and yet the boat is so stable and handles like it's on rails.

He has 10 years on the engine if memory serves me and it hasn't been bored. Bill is very very safty concerened in all aspects, could feel safer or more comfortable.

Cougarman

masher44 01-02-2007 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by articfriends (Post 1979575)
We see him at hardy pond every year,Smitty

wow..... amazing.:cool: :eek: has it been in any type of bigger water?

cougarman 01-02-2007 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by masher44 (Post 1980044)
wow..... amazing.:cool: :eek: has it been in any type of bigger water?

I believe lake Michigan but I'm not sure how much time.

Also when he built the boat he told Checkmate right from the start what his plans were with the boat. So I'm not sure what Checkmate did with the build of the boat, but they new the direction it was headed since day 1.

I remember Bill mentioning I believe an annual poker run of some sort ( I think geared around Checkmates) that was in Ohio. Guess you know who lead the pack, but the president
of checkmate was there etc and were all very impressed with the boat. So that most likely would have been Lake Erie.

And it seems I've heard mention before of him running in 4 footers plus at some respectable speeds. That #6 really does some great things for that boat !!

I feel like I'm stealing Bill's thunder, Wish he would chime in at some point.

Cougarman

offshoresteve 01-02-2007 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by tomcei (Post 1979162)
My pantera 28 has a full cabin and I think it is a little heaver. Do you think that would favor me for this application

I think TNT had a 28 Pantera with a #6 and Big power

masher44 01-02-2007 07:59 PM

probably not this year but next I am going to try a season or two with absolute MONSTER power....

tomcei 01-02-2007 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by offshoresteve (Post 1980384)
I think TNT had a 28 Pantera with a #6 and Big power

Thanks offshoresteve

TeamSaris 01-02-2007 08:07 PM

Sweet:D :cool: :cool: :cool:

JCPERF 01-02-2007 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by tomcei (Post 1980423)
Thanks offshoresteve

Go for it Tomcei!!!Throw the 6 on it:D :cool: