Notices

single v bottom with #6

Old 01-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts
Default Re: single v bottom with #6

has anyone put a 6 on a 27 Kryp or a 30 Activator?
Old 01-02-2007, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
has anyone put a 6 on a 27 Kryp or a 30 Activator?
Bingo 30 Activator shortly
Old 01-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Re: single v bottom with #6

Originally Posted by cougarman
JCPerf,

As you see in the Photo's articfriends posted it is a nice clean package. The exhaust is under the water and is super quite and all white looks like a super stocker. Comming up to the dock it idles like 800 or less the boat is unreal.

When we went for a ride and he punched it we were at speed so quick it was unreal. Almost hard to get the sensation of how fast you were going cause it happens so quick and yet the boat is so stable and handles like it's on rails.

He has 10 years on the engine if memory serves me and it hasn't been bored. Bill is very very safty concerened in all aspects, could feel safer or more comfortable.

Cougarman
Now thats hot rodding!!!
Old 01-02-2007, 08:20 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by JCPERF
Bingo 30 Activator shortly
Sweet
Old 01-02-2007, 09:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And it seems I've heard mention before of him running in 4 footers plus at some respectable speeds. That #6 really does some great things for that boat !!

I feel like I'm stealing Bill's thunder, Wish he would chime in at some point.

Cougarman

4 footers +? ... I hope he chimes in soon.... this is getting crazy
Old 01-02-2007, 09:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Wonder how one would work on my 20 cig?
Old 01-02-2007, 11:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

He also raced Check300 this year on Hardy Dam,
Check300 walked away from Dan's Baja

Dan was baffled as they talked afterwards. Don't get me wrong Dan has a wicked machine, just two different animals in the way the run and accelerate.

Cougarman
Dan switched to some kind of fuel injection and spent all summer pizzing around trying to get it to run right,not sure if he ever got it sorted outed,I was there when they raced but didn't get to see it. The pic I took was from the same weekend,Smitty
Old 01-02-2007, 11:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
I thought Dans was a 24 outlaw ?
Its not a outlaw,its a hammer with I think 21 degree deadrise,Smitty
Old 01-02-2007, 11:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

JCPerf,

As you see in the Photo's articfriends posted it is a nice clean package. The exhaust is under the water and is super quite and all white looks like a super stocker. Comming up to the dock it idles like 800 or less the boat is unreal.

When we went for a ride and he punched it we were at speed so quick it was unreal. Almost hard to get the sensation of how fast you were going cause it happens so quick and yet the boat is so stable and handles like it's on rails.

He has 10 years on the engine if memory serves me and it hasn't been bored. Bill is very very safty concerened in all aspects, could feel safer or more comfortable.

Cougarman
I was racing someone a few years ago when my boat ran 83-85 instead of its current speed and he came out of nowhere a BUZZED me and the other guy I was racing,if I remember right he let off after passing us and you could here the wastegates opening,it was awesome,Smitty
Old 01-03-2007, 06:17 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 53 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Dan switched to some kind of fuel injection and spent all summer pizzing around trying to get it to run right,not sure if he ever got it sorted outed,I was there when they raced but didn't get to see it. The pic I took was from the same weekend,Smitty

Articfriends,

I work with Dan's cousin so it's kinda fun cause I get to hear it from both parties. Yes you are right Dan did a lot of tweaking including a monster inner-cooler. Steve Morrison was hoping to have him ready for the shoot out as well as a representitive for what Steve's engine shop can do.
When they dynoed they made so much power it broke the braket's right off the front of the engine that holds all the pulleys etc. So after that They had to make a big billet plate to hold every thing and keep it stable and strong. Trust me it was running right when it left Steve's shop.
Another fella I work with runs Twin 700's from Steve's shop and I will say they run alot stronger than I expected too.

Anyway's Dan had all this work done already when he had his encounter with Bill / Check300.

I later talked with Bill and you know the rest, Bill is a stand up guy and as honest as they get.

Cougarman

Quick Reply: single v bottom with #6

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.