Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ny boat show/ filthy fountains (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/148292-ny-boat-show-filthy-fountains.html)

Titan 01-03-2007 07:04 AM

Re: ny boat show/ filthy fountains

I was at the show last night. Apparently the word must have got to either Reggie or the deealer who brought the dirty Fountain. All the boats in the fountail display appeared pretty clean minus the hand prints of Dirty people looking with there hands that would never buy a performance boat anyway. The trailer under the 35 w/525's was filthy though. So by looking at that I can only imaging what the boat looked like!!

The black and green Cig was off the hook though. No doubt Ocean Performance always has nice stuff at the show. And the 39 MTI was pertty sick also. I can't wait to I grow up and hopefully become rich. ( Yeh Right) But if I did I believe a new 39GT Gun would be in order. #6's of course with power.... Hey a man can dream right????

jhutch 01-03-2007 08:28 AM

I am thinking about flying to NY Friday to check out the show would it be worth while for me to do this or will I be disappointed? I will be looking at the new 35 fountain and if it is dirty or the salesmen aren't professional that could be a deal breaker for me. Is there plenty to see at this show?

FeverMike 01-03-2007 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by sy goldberg (Post 1980207)
You should see some of the people that attend the show if you want to talk about filthy.I can remember drunks missing the mens room door and knocking my booth down,2 "FRIENDS" getting into a brawl and knocking over most of the plants in a dealers booth,and my favorite of all was some lowlife using the head in a SUNSEEKER on display at the show.:D :D :D

I do not see this type of public display at the Miami show.

Biggus 01-03-2007 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by jhutch (Post 1980817)
I am thinking about flying to NY Friday to check out the show would it be worth while for me to do this or will I be disappointed? I will be looking at the new 35 fountain and if it is dirty or the salesmen aren't professional that could be a deal breaker for me. Is there plenty to see at this show?

I drove down and back on Saturday. We had a blast, IMO, the show was much better than years past. As far the the Fountain guys go, I thought they were pretty cool, especially once they found out we were from Maine!!!:drink: I don't think you'll be dissapointed.

Kurt

Panther 01-03-2007 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by FeverMike (Post 1980962)
I do not see this type of public display at the Miami show.

I'm surprised to hear that since half the population of lower Florida is made of of NY/NJ people... :eek: :drink:

J-Bonz 01-03-2007 12:51 PM

I am probably going this weekend..................

Tom A. 01-03-2007 01:22 PM

Jhutch, fountain did have a pretty 35 staggered boat there. However,and it's just my opinion so take it for what it is worth, with the staggered application and the moved foward cockpit, the boat looks a little out of proportion. It has the same basic deck length as a 29. The show itself is just ok compared to say Miami or even Atlantic City but there is a whole lot to do in NYC!

WARPARTY36 01-03-2007 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 1981053)
I'm surprised to hear that since half the population of lower Florida is made of of NY/NJ people... :eek: :drink:

I was thinking the same thing:drink:

yesrej 01-03-2007 03:49 PM

i dont know what its like to set up for a boat show but i know its more work to set up then it is to set up for home shows that i do. seting up pool tables and bars and other things is time consuming and alot of work. after doing that you have to put a smile on and deal with some real aholes but you do it. you want to make money you do it. i know its a pain but i cant stand how i get treated at some of these boat shows.suck it up people..
as far as ocean performance goes. great people. ive stopped and talked to them 6 or 7 times in the last two years and i havent bought anything from them and the only attitude i get when i stop is "how can i help you". great people.

jhutch 01-04-2007 06:49 AM

Thanks for the input......