Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   ny boat show/ filthy fountains (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/148292-ny-boat-show-filthy-fountains.html)

phragle 01-05-2007 09:15 PM

Re: ny boat show/ filthy fountains

nope...but little drew seems to think we ems people slack over the holidays too...hell I WISH I had a fountain to clean..heck the guys that were SUPPOSED to clean the fountain prolly make more than I do anyways...

phragle 01-05-2007 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by BobbyB (Post 1983967)
Dude thats just sick. get a life!!!

a life??..its my job

phragle 01-05-2007 09:31 PM

I will post no more piks...only did it because it was it was questioned that people in my profession would slack on holidays, its hard to understand without being in this profession what an incredible insult that was...anyone I have ever worked with would risk there own life to save another without a second thought, 24/7-365 and most have

bouyhunter 01-05-2007 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by phragle (Post 1983942)
being an EMT and retired firefighter, I am going to do my aboslute BEST to not only keep you alive, but to treat you as if you were a member of my own family regardless of what day of the year it is, and yes..I worked easter, memorial day, labor day, thanksgiving AND christmas last year. not to mention we work for basically fast food wages, on average 8~15 bucks an hour...remember that when you call 911 at 3 am. I couldnt afford to put gas in most of the boats here..but when someone you love is sick, injured or dying..I will be there regardless of whether its a holiday or 3am..so please leave us out of your pissing matches about clean boats. I would love to have something besides a 30 year old boat that does 45 at best...but saving lives is what I do for a living and its all I can afford...Im not trying to sound like an A..hole, but it's a job I love..but to compare me to someone who cant squirt a bottle of simple green and wipe a boat down. how many of you have to deal with this?? or try to sleep at nite after telling a mother her sons dead..and theres nothing you can do..

no those are not rotten.com piks..I was on scene for each one.

I think you also missed the point of my comment - maybe 180 degrees, but missed nonetheless.
I respect you for the job you do. And I appreciate the job you do.
When you start complaining about your wage - or compare it to the gas money that some Members here spend that simply is proving my point.
Unfortunatley for me, I probably don't make much more than you - but I don't b!tch about it.
You have a job.
You don't have a career, a passion, something you REALLY care about in your work.
You have a job.
You do it for a paycheck. Nothing more nothing less.
When I mentioned people of your profession, I meant it out of respect - to always be professional.
What a disappointment.
And, the attached photo's were in very poor taste - in my opinion.

bouyhunter 01-05-2007 09:45 PM

I didn't think the photo's would show back in my quote. Must be the new upgrade.
If one of the mod's can remove the photo's from my post it would be appreciated.
I didn't think they were necessary in the original post.

phragle 01-05-2007 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by bouyhunter (Post 1983997)
I think you also missed the point of my comment - maybe 180 degrees, but missed nonetheless.
I respect you for the job you do. And I appreciate the job you do.
When you start complaining about your wage - or compare it to the gas money that some Members here spend that simply is proving my point.
Unfortunatley for me, I probably don't make much more than you - but I don't b!tch about it.
You have a job.
You don't have a career, a passion, something you REALLY care about in your work.
You have a job.
You do it for a paycheck. Nothing more nothing less.
When I mentioned people of your profession, I meant it out of respect - to always be professional.
What a disappointment.
And, the attached photo's were in very poor taste - in my opinion.

I have edited out the piks on my post,,they werent there to "gross anyone out" they were there to show what first responders deal with, whether it be a holiday or not....as for the "you have a job comments" I believe if you talk to anyone thats been in this feild, it's not about a job or a paycheck, its about helping others, my volunteer hours number well into the thousands. I do what I love reguadless of the pay. I am not as you say "b!tching" about it. it is what it is. heck if I won the lottery and had a gazillion dollars, and the 51"OL with triple 1075's I dream about, it would have a hydralic lift to pick injured racers and poker runners out of the water, and oxygen plumbed, and stocked as well as any ambulance could be. true my bank acount barely makes 4 digits most of the time and some nights I cant sleep, but most of the time my head hits the pillow knowing I helped someone today, made a big difference in there life if not saved it...that makes me ricjer than any amount of money.. I love what I do, it's not a job or a carreer or a paycheck..its a way of life for me as it is for most in this field. EMS is a very tight knit community as is fire and police..maybe I took little drews comments the wrong way..I dont know, but I took it as major disrespect, not to me, but to every man or woman out there working 911 and EMS. If my comments or piks offended anyone, I do apologize.

US1 Fountain 01-05-2007 11:16 PM

Not sure about the show in question, but many I have been to use friends of the dealers to help out during the show. They have a different view about a customer. Nothing to gain, nothing to loose.

Outdrive1 01-05-2007 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by OFFSHOREJOJO (Post 1984083)
OK lets get back to why the Fountain boats were not clean at show?

Everybody knows you can't polish a turd.....:evilb: :eek: :D

fountainracing42 01-06-2007 12:44 AM

when does this stop. your a turd!!! hows your bayliner BADKACHINA

Rippem 01-06-2007 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by fountainracing42 (Post 1984175)
when does this stop?

it doesn't.

You choose to worship the brand that everyone else loves to hate. :D

get used to it, take the ribbing in stride and with the humor intended 99% of the time.

Some of the Fountain-bashing is just plain funny. :p :drink: