ny boat show/ filthy fountains

Notices

ny boat show/ filthy fountains

Old 01-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: ny boat show/ filthy fountains

I am going Thursday afternoon...These guys seem like a bunch of amateurs...
Old 01-02-2007, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

One time we went to mariners cove after being at the Hustler Factory. We pull in and a sales man comes out and wants to show us a boat. They had top 2-3 Fountains. The guy couldnt find the freaking 35 that was sitting right in front of him. It was pretty funny. Did he really think he would sell us Fountain after we had just left the Hustler factory?? Thats the thing with Fountain they have so many crummy little dealers all over the place.
Old 01-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry
A few years back, a buddy of mine and myself drove up to Trenton Marine from Baltimore. The salesmen were rude and inconsiderate. Now mind you we didn't arrive in a beat up Datsun 210, we rolled up in Mike's new Hummer. And to further illustrate that we weren't tire kickers, within a year Mike bought a 43' performance boat and I bought a 38'. Sounds like other OSO members are getting the same treatment.
Got the same treatment looking at their junk OL.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,063 Likes on 280 Posts

I will find out on saturday at 11.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

You should see some of the people that attend the show if you want to talk about filthy.I can remember drunks missing the mens room door and knocking my booth down,2 "FRIENDS" getting into a brawl and knocking over most of the plants in a dealers booth,and my favorite of all was some lowlife using the head in a SUNSEEKER on display at the show.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I imagine, as also posted, there are also horror stories from the sales side too.

But I totally agree, if they are willing to bring a $100,000+ "Brand New" boat to the show and have it represented in that condition,
Does anyone care to guess how the boat is being treated at the dealership when no-one is watching???
Old 01-02-2007, 05:14 PM
AKA NoMoBoatin
Platinum Member

Reggie isn't going to like hearing about this.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Visit Ocean Outboard...Formula Dealer from Long Island....they treat all customers, and prospective customers like they should be treated......I bought my 353Fastech from them last year.....great,professional people to deal with... HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE !!!!
Old 01-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by O.C.Barry
A few years back, a buddy of mine and myself drove up to Trenton Marine from Baltimore. The salesmen were rude and inconsiderate. Now mind you we didn't arrive in a beat up Datsun 210, we rolled up in Mike's new Hummer. And to further illustrate that we weren't tire kickers, within a year Mike bought a 43' performance boat and I bought a 38'. Sounds like other OSO members are getting the same treatment.
I really can't say anything bad about Trenton Marine bought my 292 there would have bought a Fountain but Coty marine was like your exeperince with Trenton.
Trenton Marine just got Fountain Back when Coty lost it so I was probably not their boat.But I agree the should have been spotless
Old 01-02-2007, 06:02 PM
Registered

For some reason I seem to find a lot of cocky sales people at the nyc boat show over the years. Almost bought a new donzi there a few years back and they were represented very well plus I was dealing with a rep from the factory along with the dealer. The go fast category always gets looked over pretty good by all buyers I believe and usually show the most bling of the show. I know by the end of the week the sales people are wiped out and the reps are shot and they have seen all the drunks and pretty women they need for a while but to have an attitude the first day of a show isn't a good sign. Glad to see Coty not representing fountain!

Quick Reply: ny boat show/ filthy fountains

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.