Notices

ny boat show/ filthy fountains

Old 01-05-2007, 01:17 PM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: ny boat show/ filthy fountains

Originally Posted by sy goldberg
You should see some of the people that attend the show if you want to talk about filthy.I can remember drunks missing the mens room door and knocking my booth down,2 "FRIENDS" getting into a brawl and knocking over most of the plants in a dealers booth,and my favorite of all was some lowlife using the head in a SUNSEEKER on display at the show.

You should see the scum bags at the total dollar ins booth

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΈ!
Old 01-05-2007, 02:31 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm reporting you to the moderator as I have become very sensitive about blatant attacks on me.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by blownincome
Not a excuse more of a possible explanation ..
This topic has run its course (Move On)
life is not all about the boats at a show its more about the product its self and our families and the time we spend with them on our boats! and I stand by my explanation It was a Holiday week and people have to travel to and from NY to get the job done!
I'm going to try to say this as respectfully as I can.

Doctors, Nurses, Firefighters, Soldiers, Police... (you get the picture) all have to work the Holidays too. Does this make it an "explanation" (excuse) for doing a poor job??

We all have to do things for our work that cut into our personal lives - but that doesn't "explain" (excuse) doing a sub-par job.

This is about being a Professional in your chosen career.
As opposed to simply having a job.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:47 PM
littledrew

Originally Posted by bouyhunter
I'm going to try to say this as respectfully as I can.

Doctors, Nurses, Firefighters, Soldiers, Police... (you get the picture) all have to work the Holidays too. Does this make it an "explanation" (excuse) for doing a poor job??

We all have to do things for our work that cut into our personal lives - but that doesn't "explain" (excuse) doing a sub-par job.

This is about being a Professional in your chosen career.
As opposed to simply having a job.
So of the five jobs you mentioned you whould rather have them service you on a holiday or a regular working day??

Old 01-05-2007, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by littledrew
So of the five jobs you mentioned you whould rather have them service you on a holiday or a regular working day??

OK, maybe you don't get it.
I expect the same service EVERY day. There is no excuse for poor service just because it's a Holiday. There is no excuse for poor service ANYDAY.
It's your job - you signed up for it, and certain things are expected of you, both by your employer, and customer, you need to deliver what both are expecting.
It's about being responsible.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I expect the same service EVERY day. There is no excuse for poor service just because it's a Holiday. There is no excuse for poor service ANYDAY.
It's your job - you signed up for it, and certain things are expected of you, both by your employer, and customer, you need to deliver what both are expecting.
I agree
Old 01-05-2007, 08:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Right on, bh. I'm with you.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:44 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Originally Posted by littledrew
being an EMT and retired firefighter, I am going to do my aboslute BEST to not only keep you alive, but to treat you as if you were a member of my own family regardless of what day of the year it is, and yes..I worked easter, memorial day, labor day, thanksgiving AND christmas last year. not to mention we work for basically fast food wages, on average 8~15 bucks an hour...remember that when you call 911 at 3 am. I couldnt afford to put gas in most of the boats here..but when someone you love is sick, injured or dying..I will be there regardless of whether its a holiday or 3am..so please leave us out of your pissing matches about clean boats. I would love to have something besides a 30 year old boat that does 45 at best...but saving lives is what I do for a living and its all I can afford...Im not trying to sound like an A..hole, but it's a job I love..but to compare me to someone who cant squirt a bottle of simple green and wipe a boat down. how many of you have to deal with this?? or try to sleep at nite after telling a mother her sons dead..and theres nothing you can do..

no those are not rotten.com piks..I was on scene for each one.

Last edited by phragle; 01-05-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by phragle
no those are not rotten.com piks..I was on scene for each one.
And I'm sure the families of the deceased really appreciate you posting them here.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 35 Likes on 8 Posts

Dude thats just sick. get a life!!!

Quick Reply: ny boat show/ filthy fountains

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.