Notices

Miami boat show ?'s

Old 02-08-2002, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Miami boat show ?'s

This will be my first trip to the big show. We are planning on attending Thursday and Friday. This is my question. One of the days it will be just myself and my girl friend. We will be focusing on what we came to see, offshore boats. We want to look at the boats and talk to everyone involed. The other day will be with some friends and relatives. We will be doing more of a general tour. Looking at every thing, not really stopping to chat and get info. We are not currently in the market to buy a new boat. So I am not planning on setting up any test rides. I don't want to be a tire kicker and waste anybody time. As much as I'd love to go for a ride, there are real customers with money that need the time more than we do. So, I know that it's held at more than one place. So are there shuttles between them? Also what would be the best way to go about planning our two days. Any info would be great.
thank you

Miamibound1
Old 02-08-2002, 01:20 PM
OSO Moderator
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There are free shuttles to the Mariott (in water show-free) and the convetion center.
Best place to park is at the garage RIGHT accross the street from the Mariott, then catch the shuttle to the convention center.

It is a ZOO trying to park near the convention center!!!!! Then try to leave afterwards!!! From the Mariott, there is ALWAYS parking, easy acees to the interstate and very low traffic. Try to plan to park around 9:00 am. There will be lots of spots and no lines for the shuttle.

'00 Scarab Sport 302 CC
'02 Cigarette Top Gun TS
'02 PQ 340
'00 PQ 280
'98 Scarab 22
'97 Baja Outlaw 20
'72 Checkmate
'65 Glastron
Old 02-08-2002, 03:03 PM
Registered

Go to the Convention Center to look at the boats ,they are out of the water you can see more and talk to the Reps[Thurs].The Mariott is a good place to hang out with friends . Have Fun Doug
Old 02-08-2002, 05:02 PM
Registered

This site does a good job explaining plus has a good map of where everyone is, just type in manufacture. http://www.discoverboating.com/boatshows/miami/