Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Formula 271,Baja 272,Velocity 280, or Fountain 27?.... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/14878-formula-271-baja-272-velocity-280-fountain-27-a.html)

PhantomChaos 01-23-2002 08:33 PM

SpeedDoc

Try this.......could be in the price range.

Buy Me

IDRPSTF 01-23-2002 08:42 PM

SpeedDoc,
Quote "Formula would be my top pick for best boat for what I would use it for(still have a few young teenagers hangin' around)" "and of course Founatins are a good go fast boat but limited space for kids in this size boat."
Now we have a whole different situation.
1.Form 271 + Teenagers = At the end of the date we can spend the night on my dads boat!
2.Baja 272 + Teenagers = Lets go see how many people we can fit on dads 8'4"Beam Boat before Harbor Patroll Gives us a ticket.
3.Velocity 280 + Teenagers = I still dont know, Mabe this boat is your best bet afterall.
4.Fountain 27'+ teenagers = "Look, my dads boat can out run the harbor patroll"

Mabe you should get a canoe untill they move out of the house.

SpeedDoc 01-23-2002 08:49 PM

IDRPSTF,
How about a deal on a few canoe's with one way paddles for the kids???(Need a fast moving river also!!)

IDRPSTF 01-23-2002 09:06 PM

We Brokers lead vrywhore like lives sometimes, Please fill out the following and send a credit card or cash:
-What color canoe
-Indian Deer Skin or Plastic
-How large (if indian please measure in hands)
-How many ore's
-Would you like a Car Rack at our discount special
-Do you have a trade in
-will we be delivering this canoe or are you picking it up.

Total Price_______
Price less trade______
New Total ______

SpeedDoc 01-23-2002 09:44 PM

IDRPSTF,
This could be fun as long as we don't cross the line !!Remember , your the one who suggested a canoe!!!
Color: Natural
Hull :Deer skin (plastic no good for canoe)
Length:I am Cherokee so two and one half "BROKERS" will be fine;Lets see, that would be 5' plus 5' plus 2 1/2', that would be 12 & 1/2 ', right?
# of whores, I mean ore's:3... no only two needed...1 whore with two good padding arms for the two ore's
Car Racks:none needed, have you got saddle bag mount for my horse?
Trade In:3 pigs; 13 chickens; 34 ducks; and 1 house broke wolf(name "WAYA")(LOOK it up)
Delivery:Send smoke signals and small scout team will pick up!!
BTW; are "skins" legal on the left coast?

Have a good day,
Steve
"WAYA!13"

IDRPSTF 01-23-2002 10:21 PM

Invoice for Indian Broker Skin Canoe:
As a formality we will send a copy of this to your offices to assure you of actual price. We have had problems in the past with Scalpers. It is a god thing you ordered when you did we have had a problem Taking Reservations.
1.Broker Skin Canoe
2.Color-Tan (Our Broker Skin Canoe's are made with the finest Italian Broker Skins, Never Measuring more than 5'9",Ever.
3.Size-2.5 Italian Brokers = 21 feet (we included foreskins)
4.Ore's- Or Whores as you put it, Well if you want we are already sending you the equivelant of 2.5 Brokers, That should be more whores than anyone would want.
5.If you are having a delivery service pick this up they must sighn out for a date and time the canoe leaves the factory for our strict no return policy "No Indian Givers".
Ill be looking for smoke signals.
and of course know what "WAYA" means Im Italian. WAYA you think IMA GONNA GIVA you SUCHA hard time.
Matt

SpeedDoc 01-23-2002 11:05 PM

IDRPSTF,
No DEAL!! Wife from Hawaii and can build killer dugout canoe!!No step hull but has a few knots, 500 HP and # 6 drive, runs faster than 3 deer bumping uglies!!Italian hull skins no good , to many holes from previous battles and hard to paddle with "LIMP" noodles!!!
Steve

voodoo 01-23-2002 11:27 PM

I have a 280 Velocity and love it so far. I picked it for the amount of cockpit and cabin size(nice headroom inside). Very deep cockpit which the wife likes for the little one. Hull is fast, Velocity is known for high X dimensions which can make prop choice difficult. 27 Fountain was too small and 29 was too much $$$$$$$$$$$. Alot of 272 Baja's where I boat. All seem to run different. I think you have to specify a higher X dim. than standard to get them to run fast. If looking at used, I would run the boat first. No experience with the Formula, but their record speaks for itself. My 280 runs 66 on GPS with a 454 Mag. Most 272 Baja's won't do that with a 502. In the end, all will provide a serious amount of fun!

velocity260 01-23-2002 11:44 PM

4.Fountain 27'+ teenagers = "Look, my dads boat can out run the harbor patroll" :D
thats funny because when the coast guard saw my boat they were practicing with the CG aux, told my dad they want to race. :cool: I was told I better let them win.

had my velocity up to 66 on the speedo, with 2 people less than 1/4tank fuel and almost full trim, probally could of made 67. I only have the 7.4mpi(310hp) :( . Was chime walking a little at that speed. I saw a used 280 with a 502 somewhere on the net. Again good luck man

KN 01-24-2002 12:22 AM

Hey Steve go with the Formula. Check your e-mail.

Kirk