Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Submarine hits ship (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/148834-submarine-hits-ship.html)

cuda 01-10-2007 08:45 AM

Re: Submarine hits ship

Originally Posted by dean51267 (Post 1988724)

It is the skippers fault, no matter what, if it happens on a boat, the skipper gets the glory or the blame. A few sonar guys, and a weapons officer will also get reassigned and not advance again, if they are not demoted. Sometimes schit just happens, but when it does on a boat, careers are ended real fast...

Yep, the Navy isn't like the corporate world, you cannot pass the buck and blame anyone else if you have command of a ship. No matter who's at fault, it's on your watch. If the guy that fcked up was incompetent, you should have replaced him. There are no excuses accepted.

Being a Navy brat (dad was 22 years in), I remember dad saying nobody wanted to be called up to the "Old Man".

GLH 01-10-2007 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Wobble (Post 1988517)
Clearly the tanker was hi-jacked by Islamic terrorists, chased down and rammed the sub whilst going full astern.

weapon of mass polution WOMP

Come on ... We all know the facts;

It's Bush's fault.

Global warming gave e-coli to the Tanker Captain who was trying to dodge a Manatee while feeding his Spotted Owl and Rumsfeld on the throttle of the sub, missed it cause he was sexually abusing VP Cheney's pitbull named "Diesel"...

Tantrum 01-10-2007 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by GLH (Post 1988802)
Come on ... We all know the facts;
It's Bush's fault.
Global warming gave e-coli to the Tanker Captain who was trying to dodge a Manatee while feeding his Spotted Owl and Rumsfeld on the throttle of the sub, missed it cause he was sexually abusing VP Cheney's pitbull named "Diesel"...

I thought Diesel was killed in a bird hunting accident :eek:

offshoredrillin 01-10-2007 10:17 AM

Damn oriental drivers stopping short...You can blindfold them with dental floss...:evilb:

Donman 01-10-2007 11:07 AM

How can you run into a SHIP ???

I thought dodging SeaDoos was hard.........

X-Rated30 01-10-2007 11:09 AM

I heard Cash Bar was driving the sub. Can anyone confirm? Is he ok???

:evilb:

offshoredrillin 01-10-2007 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by X-Rated30 (Post 1988958)
I heard Cash Bar was driving the sub. Can anyone confirm? Is he ok???:evilb:

it wasnt a step hull sub, he didnt roll it....:D

GLH 01-10-2007 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by X-Rated30 (Post 1988958)
I heard Cash Bar was driving the sub. Can anyone confirm? Is he ok???

Can't be ... The Sub still had fuel in it.

Luv yahh Greg.

phragle 01-10-2007 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by dean51267 (Post 1988724)
been about 10 years since I was on sub duty, but the new Jap tankers are SMOOTH......... the old ones sounded like skeletons fornicating in a metal garbage can, the new ones sound like a rain storm........

the way this happens is the Jap tanker is extremely smooth running, and a sonar guy thinks it is a rain extremely..... till the "THUMP"....

a submarine running real close to the surface has no sonar for practrical purposes, to much wave action hitting the sonar dome.

It is the skippers fault, no matter what, if it happens on a boat, the skipper gets the glory or the blame. A few sonar guys, and a weapons officer will also get reassigned and not advance again, if they are not demoted. Sometimes schit just happens, but when it does on a boat, careers are ended real fast...

what boat were you on?? I was on the tunny out of pearl.. I bet things have changed a LOT since 80-81, only real computer we had in the shack back then was this little kaypro deal that really didnt do anything..remember we got chewed out real bad but the xo bailed us out..a few of us were sitting in the shack pretty drunk palying van halen thru the spectral analyzer...xo came to our rescue saying we were being creative and mastering all capabilities of the equipment...

Back4More 01-10-2007 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Donman (Post 1988957)
How can you run into a SHIP ???

I thought dodging SeaDoos was hard.........

Yeah...No kidding.:cool: