American PB TV or Reggie TV? >

American PB TV or Reggie TV?

Notices

American PB TV or Reggie TV?

Old 01-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default American PB TV or Reggie TV?

Have any of you noticed that American Powerboat TV has changed to a Reggie Fountain tribute show? Every week it seems that half of the show is dedicated in some part to Fountain or an expose on Reggie. Even this past week there really wasnt alot on Reggie but they were showing the Chicago poker run and of course whos the first one they interview .... Anyone have guess?? I understand that tv in general is all about the sponors but it would be nice to watch one of the few shows about boating on tv without having to see Reggie every week with his pimp daddy over gold and his bad wig .
just my 2 cents.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:02 AM
Registered

Default Re: American PB TV or Reggie TV?

Originally Posted by BigDadys93x
Have any of you noticed that American Powerboat TV has changed to a Reggie Fountain tribute show? Every week it seems that half of the show is dedicated in some part to Fountain or an expose on Reggie. Even this past week there really wasnt alot on Reggie but they were showing the Chicago poker run and of course whos the first one they interview .... Anyone have guess?? I understand that tv in general is all about the sponors but it would be nice to watch one of the few shows about boating on tv without having to see Reggie every week with his pimp daddy over gold and his bad wig .
just my 2 cents.
If it bothers you so much then write to all of the other powerboat manufacturers to get to get involved other than Reggie. Please do not Bash Reggie Fountain for being at the Forefront of Marketing because we are sick of hearing it. Spend some time and think about your post a little more. This board is not for Reggie bashing. Spend some money on a membership and then voice your opinion.

raf
Old 01-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, kind of makes up for all the Outerlimits and Cigarette stuff everywhere on OSO.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:13 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

It is part of OSO in the video section.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm no big Reggie fan but...

Let's say you own a big, successful company and you advertise it in print and electronic media- in most cases becoming that media's single largest customer. Now, you go to editorial and you see all your nickle & dime competition getting great ink. Are YOU going to continue to sign checks to these people?

You have to remember, these are businesses. There's some element of fantasy that still persists out there that "media" is fair and balanced. It's not. Nowhere, no how. No newspaper, magazine, radio, TV, Internet or any other source is unbiased- they all have bills to pay. They all have customers to please and those customers have 100 opportunities to spend their dollars for every one that they choose. I spent a brief time in the publishing world and I could tell you days worth of stories that would sound so ridiculous that you'd swear I was making it all up. The advertiser pressure is unbelievable- especially since there are 5 to 10 outlets availble for every one that existed six or seven years ago.

You want to see boats on TV for free? Someone else has to pay and you're going to be subjected to their marketing message in exchange. Maybe the only way you'll see boats without the sponsor BS is by buying a Freeze Frame DVD. Now you know why they're $100.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:41 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris Sunkin
You have to remember, these are businesses. There's some element of fantasy that still persists out there that "media" is fair and balanced. It's not. Nowhere, no how. No newspaper, magazine, radio, TV, Internet or any other source is unbiased- they all have bills to pay. They all have customers to please and those customers have 100 opportunities to spend their dollars for every one that they choose. I spent a brief time in the publishing world and I could tell you days worth of stories that would sound so ridiculous that you'd swear I was making it all up. The advertiser pressure is unbelievable- especially since there are 5 to 10 outlets availble for every one that existed six or seven years ago.

You want to see boats on TV for free? Someone else has to pay and you're going to be subjected to their marketing message in exchange. Maybe the only way you'll see boats without the sponsor BS is by buying a Freeze Frame DVD. Now you know why they're $100.

Right on!!! How is this any different than when IBM or some other entity sponsors an event or show. I would love for people to own a business at some point in their life to understand the $$ side of survival.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:00 PM
Registered

Angry Re: American PB TV or Reggie TV?

Not trying to stir chit up here on this cold snowy day but if Reggie chooses to blow his $$$ on advertising then let him. If I had a boat company I would do the exact same thing to promote my product and so would everybody else. And as far as gold chains and a bad combover?? Lets see how you look at almost 70 years old getting beat up in raceboats and building a powerboat empire in a realatively short period of time. Give me a break already with this Reggie Fountain crap! Sorry friends, It gets me going sometime.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by runafever
If I had a boat company I would do the exact same thing to promote my product and so would everybody else...
Maybe early to mention; I've sponsored some small local events, small festivals, etc. So I'm thinking of sponsoring a poker run or two this summer. Not even a boat company, I make fresh apple,pear, granberry and cherry juices. If I do this and I'm a major sponsor, I expect for doing so that any media covers the event mentions my company and their invovlement.....
Old 01-10-2007, 02:53 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by runafever
... Spend some money on a membership and then voice your opinion.

raf

Since when does this place require a membership to voice your opinion?
Old 01-10-2007, 03:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The site certainly offers everyone the opportunity to register their opinions, within reason. Not all are universally perceived to carry the same gravity. Someone with a reputation as a goofball or comedian probably isn't taken a seriously as a known industry icon. Someone with 3 posts- all in the same 'tragedy" topic is usually perceived as a troll with an agenda. I often wonder myself why someone deeply involved in such an expensive sport wouldn't pony up the tiny amount for a paid membership- especially in light of the additional resources it offers. How serious is a guy like that and how seriously should I take his opinions?

Quick Reply: American PB TV or Reggie TV?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.