Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/149168-ft-myers-offshore-fun-run-benefit-sole-survivor-marco-island-boating-accident.html)

Bobthebuilder 02-05-2007 06:28 AM

Re: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accide

Great pics like always Jay. Jay was on the end of the Naples Pier as we went by. Also Donna Cullen, Tom [ Megabyte*3's] wife was in PREDATOR taking pics. We also will have overhead shots as CIG42X, John Gregorio sponsored a helicopter and the photographer in the heli was sponsored by Donzi Marine.
We will be making a picture DVD, that will capture what we experience that day. It will be available to all of OSO in exchange for a donation to " The Jennifer Molter Trust". I am hopeful we can establish that price today and post it so you may place your order. Watch for more on this. :D
Bob

Bobthebuilder 02-05-2007 06:38 AM

Re: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accide

Another little something to share. At 11:00 AM when it was time to leave the Sanibel Bridge, my starboard engine would not start. :eek: After pounding on my starter for a few minutes, I decided we had to go. With almost full fuel, and 7 people on board and weighing well over 20,000 lbs that boat got on plane and we led our group back to Naples on 2 engines. We ran 55 mph which was about right for the conditions and no one knew until we were in port!!
I could write a book about my life this last few weeks! LOL :D

bill63 02-05-2007 09:38 AM

We just back to a very cold michigan and would like to thank bob and his crew for such a great job they did on saturday. i would also like to thank our captain for the day jeff haylett who guided his 42 fountain through some big water for us. He is truely a professional driver. We look forward to more fmo runs. bill & lori lemanske

bowtye8 02-05-2007 11:44 AM

Bob, Nate and the rest of the behind the scenes folks. Hats off to you all. Excellent turn out for a great cause!!!

Seas were somewhat rough starting out on the way back. Tapered off around estero and was running 65 or so. Just a few aches and pains :drink:

Glad to be part of a event like this.

Dennis

Bobthebuilder 02-05-2007 02:22 PM

********** DVD SOON TO BE AVAILABLE *********

A DVD of Saturday's Benefit Run for Jennifer will be available in the weeks ahead. It is being worked on now. It will be put to music and include pictures from the helicopter, pier, from Predator and at Bayfront. The cost is $30.00 for the first one and $20.00 for each additional copy. The proceeds will go into Jennifer's Trust Fund.

To order yours, please make out your check to "The Jennifer Molter Trust" and send it c/o, Bob Barnhart, 870 South Collier Blvd; Unit 202; Marco Island, FL. 34145.

I will advise by way of a post here when they are complete and ready to be mailed out.

Thank you all for supporting this very worthy cause.:D

Bob

damdonzi 02-05-2007 03:46 PM

Funny story (at least I think so) from this weekend.

My mother and father-in-law live in Naples and I called them Saturday morning to let them know about it and to stop by to check out the boats and tell them about the fund raiser. I guess the weather was questionable, and they had other plans, so I didn't think that they were going to stop by.

Later that afternoon around 3:30-3:45 we get a call while we are out on our cell phones from my mother in law. She called while standing on the docks when she heard some of the engines starting and wanted to hold the phone up to let me hear the rumble. All of a sudden ALL of the boats were starting and beginning to pull out and she thought the world was blowing up all around her. I mean she was weak in the knees ---it was absolutely hilarious to listen to her!

They called us back after they got off the docks and were besides themselves, literally like 2 kids in a candy store. They could not believe the size of the boats, the colors, my father-in-law was amazed at the number of gauges...it just went on and on. Needless to say they were very glad they stopped by, and said it was a very good event ---and did make a donation.

The final part of the story is when we got home that evening listening to my mother-in-law's message on our home answering when they first arrived at the docks. To listen to this wonderful woman walking around reading some of the names of boats was priceless. "We're here and there are so many beautiful Cigarette boats. We saw "Non-Tach's", "Mardi-Gras", "All Jacked Up" (At this point my wife and I are howling laughing. Just imagine YOUR mom saying the words "All Jacked Up" and I think you'll know what I mean). Finally at the end of the message you can hear my father-in-law say "There's Predator over there.", and my mother-in-law tell's him to stop pointing. "We'll call you on your cell phone." and then the message ends. Just too damn funny!

Anyway, from Naples to Kittery Point Maine it sounded like you guys pulled off a great event. Congratulations. My check is in the mail.

:drink:

Ms PatriYacht 02-05-2007 03:57 PM

I talked to my girlfriend who winters in Naples and she said it was all over the news, and it was lots of good press. i think those cigar boats must have made a good impression on a lot of blue hairs for a change:D

captnate 02-05-2007 06:09 PM

It was great fun, and very happy to see so many people, and meet so many nice people, with such big hearts, I think this could be the start of a yearly event to help others in need. Agian thanks for all the support.

Nate

cbeastwood 02-05-2007 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by captnate (Post 2016498)
...I think this could be the start of a yearly event to help others in need....
Nate

Everyone give Nate a huge hand for 'volunteering' to be next year's Chairman! Way to go Nate! :evilb:

On another note - greetings from the land of -1 degrees and -25 wind chill. Three vehicles and I'm high and dry - #1, diesel has turned to gel and won't start, #2, blew the diesel injectors and is being flatbedded to the dealer as I write this, #3, battery is dead in the Merc, and I can't get to it because the trunk's frozen shut.

If this isn't a sign that I should pack it in and move down there with you guys, I don't know what is !!!!!!!!!!!

Airpacker 02-05-2007 07:49 PM

Well done Bob. Well done. You and the rest of the FMO crew really need to stand up and take a bow. Bravo.