Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident >

Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident

Notices

Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident

Old 02-08-2007, 07:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accide

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
John, I assure you, you will not be stuck for a ride until you are up and running again. You and the fam are welcome to join me anytime. You are a credit to FMO.
Bob
Bob,

Thank you for the kind words. You bring the phrase "leave no man behind" to a new level Hope you are enjoying your "vacation" See you soon

John
Old 02-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Registered

Default Re: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accide

John,

Nope - injectors went on the F-350 and it's been in the shop all week. Fuel was just gelled up in the cxt - started fine yesterday.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Craig:

You have way too many toys.

Tom
Old 02-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Registered

Tom,

That's what a lot of my married friends tell me !!!!!!!

Seriously, though - the F-350's going back to Ford - 55 days in the shop since Labor Day (and counting)...
Old 02-09-2007, 10:52 AM
OSO
Charter Member
Charter Member

Please visit http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/s...60#post2021060 for the News Release on the success of the event.

We have also created a Photo Gallery Category for this event with several pictures, please feel free to add your pictures.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/gallery/...y.php?cat=3064

You can also visit the Wink News Website for their story on the Benefit:

http://www.winktv.com/x26524.xml

I would also like to thank Bob Barnhart for his efforts and my apologies for not personally attending the event. I had an issue with my eye sight and the doctor recommended that I not operate a boat until the blurry vision cleared. Since the doctor was in the NE US and the appointment was the afternoon before the run I was not able to make it in time.

I would also like to thank all the others that attended the run and those that also contributed to the auction. I will also be sending Jennifer a generous donation from Offshoreonly.

Last Friday by accident I was doing some site clean-up and deleted a section that had the global thread on this event. It deleted the root thread causing all the information to vanish. It was brought to my attention a couple hours later which resulted in me having to roll the entire site back to the previous nights backup just to get the thread back. I had to make the decision to lose over 12 hours worth of information to get this one thread back. The thread was so important I did not even have to think about the consequences I had to deal with by doing it, I just did it. I learned not to work on the site while my vision was blurred.

I remember the first time I met Bob in Key West. He was headed back to his hotel after visiting the internet cafe where he was surfing OSO. He is a dedicated OSO member and boater as you can see by his actions with this benefit. The World and this website need more people like Bob.

Steve
Old 02-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Bob - hope you bring a DVD with you to Lake Erie this summer. Id like to see it ...
Old 02-09-2007, 01:22 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Racegirl3
Hey Bob - hope you bring a DVD with you to Lake Erie this summer. Id like to see it ...
Dawn, you can be sure yours will be hand delivered ! LOL
Bob

Please note:
If you are interested in obtaining a copy of the DVD we are putting together that captures what we experienced that day, please see ordering details on post # 265 on the previous page. Procceds to go into Jennifur's Trust Fund.
Thanks,
Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 02-09-2007 at 02:00 PM.
Old 02-09-2007, 04:22 PM
cloke

[QUOTE=Bobthebuilder;2021258]Dawn, you can be sure yours will be hand delivered ! LOL
Bob

BOB and his favorite hobby GEEEEZ

Old 02-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Registered

Here's a sample of some of the shots that are included in the DVD that is being produced. The resolution on the DVD is much better than I can post here.

There are approximately 1000 shots between the three photographers. I'm sure you will be able to find at least a dozen shots that bring smiles to your face.

Enjoy,

T
Attached Thumbnails Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident-_mg_2984w-sunrise-nan.jpg   Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident-_mg_3016w-nates-boat-w-nate-5-x-7-adj.jpg   Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident-_mg_3029w-bobs-boat-adj.jpg  

Last edited by MegaByte*3; 02-10-2007 at 04:06 PM.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Registered

a few more ...
Attached Thumbnails Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident-_mg_3150w-boater-nan.jpg   Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident-_mg_3155w-driver-7-x-5-adj.jpg   Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident-_mg_3212w-boat-horizon-7-x-5-adj.jpg  

Quick Reply: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.