Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident >

Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident

Notices

Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident

Old 01-15-2007, 10:04 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accide

I am now starting to recieve Corporate pledges. Later today I will recognise donors at the end of post #1 after the listed auction items. Thank you all.
Bob
Old 01-15-2007, 10:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accide

Day 2 and already we have confirmation from 12 boats. I have been reaching out to my non OSO offshore friends as well. All are welcome. We usually get between 20 and 25 boats out for a typical FMO fun run but I am hoping for 30/40 boats or more on this one. Not only a lot of fun but more importantly for a good cause. Would be nice to see some boats trailer in from the east coast as well as Sarasota and the Bay area. Stay at the Sanibel Harbor Resort and it's marina. This is where we will be starting from. If you really want to make a weekend of it join us on Sunday Jan 4th when some of us locals run down to Everglades City for the Seafood Festival. Overnight in Naples at Bayfront or Cove Inn. Too much fun !!
Bob
Old 01-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Count Me in. We will have four of us total in my boat. Let's hope for good weather this time!

Don

Last edited by Maritime_Eng; 01-15-2007 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 140 Likes on 80 Posts

Bob, thanks for all your efforts here- it looks like we are in for another great FMO event, and for a very good cause.

I'll be happy to donate a boat lettering job ($500 value) to the auction.

This is gonna be fun!

Jay
Old 01-15-2007, 01:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bob,
If you haven't already got us on the list make sure to count us in. Also I would like to raise the bid on the 2 seats on Predator for Sarasota to 600.00. Look forward to the run.

John
Old 01-15-2007, 01:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Most of us on OSO are aware of the tragic offshore boating accident off Marco Island, FL on Sat. Jan. 6, 2007 that claimed the lives of Harper Simpson,31, his fiancee, Megan Molter,22, her mother, Linda Molter,42, and brother, James Molter,20. The loss suffered by the two families is unimaginable. We hope they can find some comfort in the huge outpouring of sympathy and condolences from our OSO family.

In speaking with friends of the Molter family in Naples, we find that not only are they suffering emotionally but financially as well - especially since Jennifer Molter, Megan's sister, the sole survivor of the accident is only 16 years old.

I am prepared to devote much of my time and energy over the next few weeks to help the family and with the help and support of several friends here at Ft Myers Offshore, we will host a fund-raising Fun Run to help provide for Jennifer Molter's future. Her goal is to attend college and we hope our assistance will be a great benefit in helping her achieve that goal.

The Fun Run will be from the Ft Myers/Cape Coral, FL area to Naples on Sat Feb 3, 2007. I will start another thread in the Ft Myers Offshore section under Boat Club Forums with detailed information on the fun run by early next week. While Ft Myers Offshore [ FMO ] does not charge an entry fee for it's fun runs, we are asking that the driver submit a check in the amount of $100.00 for each participating boat, made out to the "Molter Family Fund". We also ask that a contribution of $25-$50 [ at your discretion] for each additional passenger be made payable to the Fund, and we welcome your generosity beyond these suggested minimum amounts. The checks will be collected at our lunch stop in Naples. Anyone not able to attend the Fun Run wishing to make a donation can do so by making their check payable to the "Molter Family Fund" and send it,

c/o Bob Barnhart, 870 South Collier Blvd; Unit # 202; Marco Island, FL 34145. I will post the amount raised for Jennifer when totalled and will forward all funds to the family.

If you are planning to attend our Fun Run, please post your RSVP here or let me know by phone or e mail so we can make proper preparations.

Thank you kindly,
Bob Barnhart Cell: 239-776-0481
e mail: [email protected]

Also in a fund raising effort I would like to offer for auction, 3 items for Jennifer's benefit.
If you wish to donate an item for auction please feel free to do so.
You may post your bid here on OSO and I will periodically post the high bidder. Bidding will close at 5 PM on Sunday Feb. 4, 2007.

Item 1 - A week at a 3 bed, 3 bath beachfront condominium on Marco Island, FL at a mutually agreeable time in the next year. I will post pics shortly.
Minimum bid: $1,000.00 suggested value - $3,000.00
Lead bid Sun Jan. 14, 10:30 PM:
f311fr1 Joe Murray $ 1,500.00

Item 2 - Two seats on the 50' Nor Tech PREDATOR Vee at the Poker Runs America Sarasota Poker Run on March 30-31, 2007.
Note: in addition you will enjoy all the usual poker run benefits such as parties, T shirt etc. however you will be responsible for your travel, room and meal expenses.
Minimum bid: $500.00 suggested value - PRICELESS ! How you put a price on that much fun ??
Lead bid Mon. Jan 15th, 9:00 AM
Wildman1 , Steve $500.00

Item 3 - Two seats on PREDATOR on the Fun Run to Naples, Feb 3, 2007.
Note: you will responsible for your travel, room and meal expenses.
Minimum bid: $500.00 suggested value - ?? same as above
Lead bid Mon. Jan 15th, 9:00 AM
Wildman1, Steve $500.00

Item 4 - Donated by CIG42X John Gregario
New York Yankee Jersey in glass case - more details to follow

Item 5 - Donated by The Manace , Dennis Liebman
2 bedroom condo with slip on Catawba Island in Lake Erie [ near Put in Bay !! ] More details to follow on Dennis' return fron vacation later this week.
Dear Bob: Thank God for people like yourself. This incident is very close to my heart, as when I had the accident with Tom Gentry in 1994 in Key West and he susequently passed away after being in a coma for 1 and 1/2 years. I almost lost my life through being trapped and drowning, I saw and felt the calm come over me, then thought of my wife and daughter who is now 15, and it gave me the will to hold out and collect myself. I love my daughter more than words could ever say, she is so special. My families heart goes out to Jennifer, and I pray that all the people who have more than they need will open their hearts and help this girl, she will have this accident in her head forever, as I have from mine, so everyone please help, this tradgedy is to much for her alone. HELP!!!!!!!!. I am sending a check for $200.00 today, and if there is anything else I can do to help, let me know. 7XCHAMP Richie
Old 01-15-2007, 01:34 PM
Registered

How close is Marco / this run to Charlotte Harbour?
Old 01-15-2007, 02:12 PM
Registered

Bob -

You are the BEST !
FYI, my wife will be donating 2 pairs of the giant XT Towles to be raffled off. Each of the 2 raffle winners will get either their names or their boat names embroidered on the towels as part of the prize.

Also, some of the local restaurants on Marco will be donating gift certificates also to be raflled off at the lunch stop.

In addition, Marc will donate an hour sightseeing trip around the Marco/Naples area on his plane, for 2 passengers.
More to come......

Hans
Old 01-15-2007, 02:21 PM
Registered

Bob,

My donation is an official NY YANKEE 1999 WORLD SERIES shirt with the world series patch on the right shoulder.

It is signed by Mariano Rivera the best relief pitcher ever.

Of course the Yankees won the series in 4 games, with Mariano closing out game 1,3, and 4.

It is in a wood and glass case with the Yankee emblem engraved in the glass, and of course comes with the official hologram.

To me it is priceless, but not for this cause.

John
Old 01-15-2007, 03:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 140 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by florida gator
How close is Marco / this run to Charlotte Harbour?
Not sure where you are coming from in Charlotte Harbor, but according to Google Earth, the rally point at Sanibel Harbor is about 48 mi from Burnt Store Marina. Gordon's Pass to Naples Bay is another 20-some miles. Hope this helps.

*EDIT*
Oops, I showed the end point at Doctors Pass. Gordon Pass is closer to 27-28 mi from SHYC. Also, the idle up Naples Bay is a couple miles at least.
Attached Thumbnails Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident-map-16.jpg  

Last edited by jayboat; 01-16-2007 at 10:23 AM. Reason: map revision

Quick Reply: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.