Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident >

Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident

Notices

Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident

Old 01-27-2007, 11:35 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Re: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accide

Originally Posted by bellmitsubishi
Bob,
I will raise item # 10

$300.00
Jim
Thanks, Jim.

I will post now. Your lead.
Bob
Old 01-27-2007, 03:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Re: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accide

A little quiet here today but lots happening on this end. I continue to get encouraging e mails, pm's and phone calls. Just a few I will share with those that are following:

I received an e mail from Steve Teeter who is president of the "Carolina Powerboat Club". Steve is sending a contribution for his boat and crew even tho he cannot attend. Steve says he will be here in spirit and sends his appreciation to everyone involved.
Thank you Steve, you are a class act like so many others here and I hope we meet soon.
Bob

I met Nate and Tom et al at the new Guy Harveys for lunch. Guy Harveys has donated a Gift Certificate that we will be putting in the raffle pool that will take place at Bayfront. We were joined by Hans and Marc, who have done so much as well.
While there, I got a call from Stu Jones [ FPC] and they passed the phone around while at their Hawks Cay run. Nice to hear from many of my friends and supporters. Some boats coming back up the west coast tomorrow will stop and join me for lunch. Looking forward to that.

Also had a call from a couple of my buddies up in Ontario, Canada and they too are sending a contribution. Thank you Paul Huck and Paul Sever. Paul S has a Top Gun and we are working on Paul H.
Thanks guys,
Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 01-27-2007 at 03:26 PM.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If anyone needs a place to stay coming from the north I have plenty of room, though im 2 hours from Ft Meyers, in Tarpon springs...but one could break up there drive and be there in time...
I Have a hernia so cant walk (or boat).
Give me a shout if I can be of help.
Mike
Old 01-28-2007, 02:40 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Dtile
If anyone needs a place to stay coming from the north I have plenty of room, though im 2 hours from Ft Meyers, in Tarpon springs...but one could break up there drive and be there in time...
I Have a hernia so cant walk (or boat).
Give me a shout if I can be of help.
Mike

Thank you Mike, that is very kind and generous of you. OSO people are the best !
Bob

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 01-28-2007 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-28-2007, 02:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

As part of our fund raising efforts for Jennifur, there will be a couple of draws at Bayfront , Naples. There will be a draw for tickets we will sell the visiting public for a basket[s] of Gift Certificates donated by various local merchants.
As well there will be 2 separate draws for the boat Captains.
rockstrmkr, Hans and his wife Susanna, have generously donated 2 pair of giant XT towels, that will have the winners name or boat name embroidered on.
This is to show their appreciation for the Captain's support of this great cause.
Thank you Hans & Susanna !! And for everything else you have done behind the scenes.
Bob
Old 01-29-2007, 12:48 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Just received an e mail bid for Item # 4, The New York Yankee jersey signed by Marino Rivera which was donated by OSO, CIG42X, Jonn Gregorio.
John Morabito has jumped over Loose Cannon with a bid of $800.00. Thank you.
Bob
Old 01-29-2007, 12:55 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

I would also like to thank Bill Jennings for offering to run a safety boat along behind our group on the run to Naples.
While we would not normally have a safety boat on a fun run, I was quick to accept Bill's generous offer. Bill will have a qualified medical person aboard, should we need assistance. Watch for his Glacier Bay.
Thank you, Bill Jennings.
Old 01-29-2007, 01:25 PM
Registered

Bill is a great guy. He was tied up next to us at the 1000 Islands Poker run last year, and graciously allowed us to use his Glacier Bay as a park bench the entire weekend.....
Old 01-29-2007, 02:01 PM
Registered

Bob,

I cant believe no one has bid on Joe Spinas oil coolers so I will start at 100.00.

John G
Old 01-29-2007, 06:37 PM
Registered

Nice article in Naples Daily News;

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2007/...penses/?latest

Quick Reply: Ft Myers Offshore Fun Run to benefit sole survivor of Marco Island Boating Accident

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.