Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bad Ice Storm (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/149217-bad-ice-storm.html)

tblrklakemo 01-14-2007 04:41 PM

Bad Ice Storm

Good luck to all of you OK and MO 'ers. This ice storm really sucks bad. No power for two days now, and a serious amt of trees fallen. Doesnt look good tonight.

Wobble 01-14-2007 05:59 PM

Re: Bad Ice Storm

I was in Tulsa, Thur, Fri and Saturday for the Chili Bowl midget nationals, which Tony Stewart won BTW. Decided to drive back last night, the roads were real tricky and we saw many broken trees, lines were hanging very low.

If they get any more it's going to get real nasty.

It's just about impossible to get a diesel pickup up any kind of a slope without 4x4 in those conditions. Cant believe I hesitated to buy that option.:eek:

Strip Poker 388 01-14-2007 06:21 PM

Hope you all get power soon and a break in the weather,

It was 75 here today,I even waxed my car trailer today.I guess we will get it Monday.

Buddy OO 01-14-2007 07:06 PM

no power here in st. louis either, don't realize what you cant do without electric, hovering around 50 degree's with fireplace blazing, hope everyone is ok.

Wardey 01-14-2007 07:11 PM

Wolyyy chit !!!! Take care up there....85 here today and a sunburnt forehead. Out on the boat all day. Dave

jeff32 01-14-2007 07:36 PM

1998...36 days without power here in quebec... in january... I know how you guys feel like... Believe me you'll be working!

Good luck to you all!

By the way I have 5 or 6 generator I could sell, between 1800 watt and 6500 !

baronmarine 01-14-2007 07:56 PM

the strom is just coming into michigan now. looks like here in grand rapids we will luck out. all snow here up to 8 inchs. up to 3/4's of an inch of ice just to the south of us. be careful.
todd

jryan26 01-14-2007 08:16 PM

Its funny, I called everywhere in Tulsa trying to buy a generator Friday night when they said we would all be without power and everyone was sold out. I have a 3mo old and a 2yr old kid. I was freaking out. Saturday they were all restocked and the 2 Lowes I went to hadn't sold one all day. Luckily we still have power.

masher44 01-14-2007 08:49 PM

Just starting to ice up a tad in Dallas. We havent gotten anything yet but Fort Worth and points north are a mess.

Tom A. 01-14-2007 10:43 PM

Wobble, I too am in Tulsa for the Chili Bowl. Flight to Jersey is supposed to leave tomorrow @ 4:3opm, rescheduled from this morning. I am amazed that they just leave the roads unsalted and unplowed! (I was told by several people they only have 4 plow trucks for the whole city!) They just say oh well and shut everything down!:eek: Different world than the Northeast!