Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   MBQuart Marine Speakers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/149277-mbquart-marine-speakers.html)

Sydwayz 01-15-2007 11:10 AM

MBQuart Marine Speakers

Does anyone have any of these grilles laying around?

http://www.mbquart.com/all/produktbilder/nkd_116.jpg

I need to replace a cracked one. Its the NKD-116 6.5" Speaker.
Thanks in advance.

------------------------------------------------------------

I have 4 pair of these, and I am becoming more and more disappointed in them. I have blown a 3rd one, and now that they are discontinued, I am having a tough time getting it replaced (under warranty, AND the retailer I purchased from no longer distributes MBQuart).

I want to replace the cracked grill, but may look to swap all eight of them out eventually.

Audiofn 01-15-2007 11:22 AM

Re: MBQuart Marine Speakers

Check with Andy Buzz. He should be able to help ya out.

Jon

BillR 01-15-2007 02:05 PM

Yank em out and install JL's!!

Anarchy Powerboats 01-15-2007 02:14 PM

The bad news is that MB's are no longer imported :( They were distributed by Rockford Fosgate and there has been a lengthy disagreement between them and distribution stopped over a year ago. Great stuff but it may be awhile before you can get it domestically again.

Strip Poker 388 01-15-2007 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 1993900)
Does anyone have any of these grilles laying around?

http://www.mbquart.com/all/produktbilder/nkd_116.jpg

I need to replace a cracked one. Its the NKD-116 6.5" Speaker.
Thanks in advance.

------------------------------------------------------------

I have 4 pair of these, and I am becoming more and more disappointed in them. I have blown a 3rd one, and now that they are discontinued, I am having a tough time getting it replaced (under warranty, AND the retailer I purchased from no longer distributes MBQuart).

I want to replace the cracked grill, but may look to swap all eight of them out eventually.

I just ordered some for my Hustler last week,They started to crack:( they are in warrenty and they wouldnt warrenty them,But They are only $2.20each.Cheap:D The new dist is Maxxsonics in Mi. There # is 1-866-636-6299.The laidy's name is Beata Wasilewski.You have to fax a credit card authrozation form for the order ,pain in the ass .

part # 40-7125 grill for the NKD 116

hope this helps
Rob:drink:

Sydwayz 01-15-2007 08:03 PM

Thanks Rob.

I spoke with Maxxsonics today about trying to get a replacement speaker for the latest one I have blown. When I referred to blowing them, I meant I blew the speaker. I have had 3 structural wire/coil failures, on three different speakers.

The cracked grill is on another speaker. I spoke with Rex Marine today, about billet covers--thanks for the link MarylandMark. I had them measure to make sure the rather tall profile tweeter inside the NKD-116 will fit under their covers, and we confirmed that they will do so.
My GF just told me she ordered them for my birthday. How cool is that?

Strip Poker 388 01-15-2007 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 1994558)
Thanks Rob.

I spoke with Maxxsonics today about trying to get a replacement speaker for the latest one I have blown. When I referred to blowing them, I meant I blew the speaker. I have had 3 structural wire/coil failures, on three different speakers.

The cracked grill is on another speaker. I spoke with Rex Marine today, about billet covers--thanks for the link MarylandMark. I had them measure to make sure the rather tall profile tweeter inside the NKD-116 will fit under their covers, and we confirmed that they will do so.

Cool . What kind of power you putting thru them to blow them? I havent had any probs yet.

rickdarling 01-18-2007 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 1994558)
Thanks Rob.

Sydways -

I have heard good and bad about these speakers. However, your problems seem excessive. How much power are you running through them?

I purchased 4 of these on ebay yesterday for $300 total. I'm going to use them deck side only using a Rockford Fosgate P450.4 4 Channel amp. The spec says 225 Watts RMS x2 @ 4 ohms (bridged). If you divide this by 2 (for 4 speakers) I'll be feeding them slightly more than 100 watts each. This is within the speaker's peak power handling range and I am hoping there won't be a problem...

DRIPPINWETII 01-18-2007 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 (Post 1994615)
Cool . What kind of power you putting thru them to blow them? I havent had any probs yet.

I have 4 also without any problems.

Just bought 2 pair of the new component 7" J-L's
Haven't installed yet but they look to be night and day over the NKD's. The NKD's were the best out there for marine until these J-L's

Strip Poker 388 01-18-2007 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by DRIPPINWETII (Post 1997294)
I have 4 also without any problems.

Just bought 2 pair of the new component 7" J-L's
Haven't installed yet but they look to be night and day over the NKD's. The NKD's were the best out there for marine until these J-L's

Let us know how they compare ,I would like to know.