Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OFFSHORE THRILL RIDES (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/14936-offshore-thrill-rides.html)

THE BULL 01-24-2002 11:22 AM

justsay, i went on that thriller boat 5 times in 2 days, he even let me drive for a minute, that thing has 4 merc 250s on it and runs hard in the big stuff, and what a stereo system!!!!!

HydroScream 01-24-2002 02:58 PM

cool idea...
How big of a boat are you running for these charters? just wondering ;)

big daddy 01-24-2002 03:34 PM

Wasn't there a company a few years back that did poker run charters? They had a big Apache. I think it was called Paradigm Charters. If you can find them, it might be a good source of info.

THE BULL 01-24-2002 05:31 PM

thanks there big daddy for the info, i will check into it,
scream, the boat is a true 28foot(no swim platform) with twin 454/475hp, looks identical to a cigarette 28ss

THE BULL 01-24-2002 05:35 PM

yup paradigm charters does all types of charters all the way up to russian mig fighters, i talked with them yesterday, they are out of sarasota, pretty helpful

fastedy 01-24-2002 06:02 PM

I remember two guys in Ocean City doing that a few years ago, not sure how it went. I have thaught abought it many times, I thank BJ's Pantera would make a great boat for this, stand up bolsters all the way around, add helmets and an intercom for that real race feeling, hell I'd pay a $100. Do you think the helmets are good or bad idea?

Eddie Simmons

boot 01-24-2002 08:43 PM

paradigm charters does mostly poker runs for big money ! Several thousand per head . There parent company ,I geuss you could call it ,is called "Ultimate advetures' I think . And yes they do every thing that you can think of and probably not afford ! Fly jet fighters , Fly into outer space , Covert ops , You name it they will charge you for it ! Good luck bull !Let us know what your insurance man says ! :eek:

Dave M 01-24-2002 09:14 PM

Hey Eddie,

Ya, the guys in OC used an older Scarab, about 30 ft. I never saw it running, just sitting at the dock. I think they had 1/2 hr. rides. Out the inlet, up the beach a few blocks and then back.

Dave M.

THE BULL 01-25-2002 08:38 AM

fasteddie, helmets are a good idea, it would make the passengers feel like pros!!! might be a little hot down here, but safety should come first. i checked with my insurance company, and they havent gotten back to me yet....i am sure they are making up a huge, expensive policy as we speak!!!! for my uscg license,they want 360 days, 8hrs a day documentation drive time behind the wheel to prerequisite the course!! i have been running boats since i was 10, more than 20yrs, but i never documented the time!!this might be a challenge. the course is 12 weeks 8-4 m-f for $6000. that might be difficult as i work for a living....there must be a better way!! :rolleyes:

tripps 01-27-2002 08:06 AM

Hey Bull goforit ,get ins (must),thriller was a great ride,needs more speed but was worth every penny :D :D :D :D tripps