Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Nortech 50v cockpit carpet opinions? >

Nortech 50v cockpit carpet opinions?

Notices

Nortech 50v cockpit carpet opinions?

Old 01-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nortech 50v cockpit carpet opinions?

Just completed redid all upholstry with light and dark carbon fiber and purple embroidery nortech logos on seat backs and sun pad, looking at either gray cockpit carpet with purple nortech logo, or purple with gray logo, there is alot of gray in the cockpit, thought purple would give it a nice contrast, but it is a little hotter than gray, just wondered what the OSO family thinks
Old 01-15-2007, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Nortech 50v cockpit carpet opinions?

Purple is ALOT hotter than grey.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:13 PM
Banned

Weapon X, man what are you building in your new secret shop and laboratory. Are you the long lost brother to Racer X?
Old 01-15-2007, 08:46 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wiggler4490
Weapon X, man what are you building in your new secret shop and laboratory. Are you the long lost brother to Racer X?
Working on fundage for Weapon X.
Old 01-16-2007, 12:42 AM
Registered

who makes the rug ? R&R Textile
Old 01-16-2007, 07:00 AM
rv
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I am curious, how much was it to redo the cockpit? Where did you have it done and how do you like the workmanship?
Old 01-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Banned

cost was about 10k, had done here in st. louis perfect quality, will post pics when completely done,
Old 01-16-2007, 08:01 PM
Registered

10,000 gee I asked if there were guys willing to buy custom rugs for there boats anything you could think of for design, no binding its not glued pieces like inlaid carved rugs done that, these are what we sell to high end designers there hand tuffed so each yarn is added and no binding needed plus they can be carved, fades , combine loop and cut pile a 7x7 about 50sqft would include shipping would start at 2,500 and up depends on colors not design, and guys thought that was high I know ol charges good money to, but its inlaid big different when you compare to hand tuffed well I'll make one and take pics this spring its like a vega to a vette we are unlimited to the design can copy your paint job too.
Old 01-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Registered

We have 40yrs of custom rug making, there are over 400 colors ,different textures, custom dye, our clients have been hotels FOUR SEASONS ,HYATTS, in Boston I have worked at just about every hotel there labor wise, installed for 28yrs family business, our competition is the design centers boston,NY, I worked on a lot of sport fishers doing standard carpets, custom carpets on couple of mega yachts one 163 footer 70, 104, one ocean liner that charge 2000 per day and up for rooms it was 500 to 600ft small but nice. your 10, 000I would think was retail ?? I hope to talk to OL again last time I could not have the rugs made in under 8 weeks, but over the summer we made a silk and wool stair runner and hallway 500sqft for 30,000 less than the competition That was a winding hallway 70ft all one piece no seams WE MADE A CUSTOM TEMPLATE OF THE STAIRS AND HALL, the designer said I had big balls to make it in one piece everything hit perfect ,with us you are not dealing with saleman like at the design centers they could have been selling cars the week before
Old 01-16-2007, 10:51 PM
Registered

I just am trying to help I need to get a sample done' BUT I am inbetween operations knee that is.so for the future if anyone needs my help on carpets for your house ,boat ,jet , hey where is BIG SCOTTY he's got a jet. just ask AUDIOFN I fixed his rugs after the flood right before he got married I was thinking of doing a airtme logo with flames that fade from red to yellow that way I can show OL and others what the different is between tuffed and glued together pieces how nicer it looks.I had talked to mikes mom about working at OL 4yrs ago when they lost there carpet guy in house, But my father was paying to much for her to match which, I understood and I didn't want to contract with them because I didn't want do glue inlaid cpt I want to push the tuffed looks nicer thick higher quality rugs, so maybe this spring I will see what they think now that we can make the rugs in 4 to 5 weeks instead of 8...

Quick Reply: Nortech 50v cockpit carpet opinions?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.