Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I hate stirrin' the pot, but look what I found[APBA vs Crouse] (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/14941-i-hate-stirrin-pot-but-look-what-i-found%5Bapba-vs-crouse%5D.html)

Shane 01-24-2002 12:11 PM

BG,

You also need to take into consideration the manner in which it was said. John Crouse was very derogatory toward many people a few months ago, including myself. Funny thing though, when I debated him with the facts he shut right up. So, you see it is not always what you say buy how you say it. We live in a litigous society and if you are going to make such brash statement you better be able to 1., back them up, and 2., be very careful in how you choose your words.

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: Shane ]

Advantage_Rob 01-24-2002 12:43 PM

Good, maybee the people that want to be so negative towards others will do some thinking in that small ammount of time it takes, from when thier mouth first opens, until thier foot is actually all the way in thier mouth!! I read that post and it seemed like a bunch of crap and I couldnt belive anyone one would put so much time and effort into pissing on someones parade, I mean, get a life, really!!! Find a better way to waste time! RonP & BoatGirl, you made me have the biggest craving for some greasy buttery popcorn now!! Thanks alot!

[ 01-24-2002: Message edited by: advantage_ROB ]

Shorty 01-24-2002 01:08 PM

Originally posted by Boat Girl:
<STRONG>If he knew it would happen why did he do it...is it still defamation if its true...Just a question...dont yell at me</STRONG>
I'm with you on the B&T's, one of my personal favorites when at a pub. Too heavy when it's hot and boating though, prefer a light.

Not taking sides either, not a lawyer and it's been a while since I had Bus Law, but as I recall, no it wouldn't be and he would be protected by the first amendment unless MA can prove Crouse new the statements to be false, and intended harm by making them anyway. Otherwise Crouse is absent of malice. Maybe some legal types will chime in here -- Did I get that right?

Biggus 01-24-2002 01:15 PM

Who didn`t see this coming! :eek: :eek:

BODYSHOT1 01-24-2002 01:21 PM

With all of the negative stuff going around, I guess it was a matter of time before Mike A. pulled the trigger on someone!

:eek:

Ron P 01-24-2002 01:42 PM

Mach 1 you got it right. Its only slander if it is incorrect and untrue. In fact it almost seemed like this is what Crouse wanted. Didn't he almost ask APBA to do this?

Where is Orville Redenbacher when you really need him. A little less butter and more salt on the next batch, OK? B&T, too heavy. Rolling Rock, is the finest of beers to have with greasy butter soaked popcorn.

Damn, now my keyboard is slippery.

DaveP 01-24-2002 01:46 PM

The truth will come when people who were quoted are subpeona'd (sp?)and start going "bubada bubada bubada......what I really mean to say was....." :D :D

DaveP 01-24-2002 01:49 PM

Also - everyone please buy Orville Redenbacher popcorn.....We at ConAgra make it and it helps pay for the Outerlimits :D :D

mattyboy 01-24-2002 02:00 PM

DaveP, is conagra part of camerican? or vice versa?

Mattyboy

Boat Girl 01-24-2002 02:22 PM

It supposed to be winter here in the NE and B&Ts are the ticket...I prefer corona or michelob golden draft light in the summer...actually a margarita with salt does the trick too...