Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
International truck sales??? >

International truck sales???

Notices

International truck sales???

Old 01-19-2007, 02:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: International truck sales???

International's parent, Navistar, is having some serious problems. They're an SEC investigation target, are in the process of being delisted from the NYSE and are in the process of restating several years of earnings statements. They're in a thin-margin business that is very sensitive to fluctuations in the steel commodities market.

http://www.marketwatch.com/tools/quo...b=NAV&sid=3344

I'm not saying "don't", I'm saying "look deeper".
Old 01-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

New Holland - ASV and Yanmar
Old 01-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI all the major manufacturers (1 of which I work for) are predicting a 30-40% drop in heavy tractor (class 8) sales for 2007 due to the new emissions requirements. I would not be getting into this business this year, wait until '08 when things pick back up. Most of the major fleets did all their purchases in 2006 (pre-emissions engines grandfathered in) and will NOT be replacing equiment in '07.
Old 01-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cbeastwood
Just bought one today - and they don't seem "cheap" to me, either in price or build quality. Please clarify.

Order a turbo now my 06 4300 dt466 265 hp is on its third turbo
Old 01-19-2007, 09:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Date,

At what mileage did your turbo's start going bad? Were they covered under warranty?
Old 01-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by cbeastwood
Date,

At what mileage did your turbo's start going bad? Were they covered under warranty?
First one went at about 10000 second one went at 30000 and the third was installed last week in december seems fine so far.Yes is was under warranty and International knows the have a problem they say its fixed but I heard that before see what happens.Its all because of the new variable rate turbo my 98 4700 and my 94 4300 both with dt 466 engines never had a problem.If it goes again I am ordering a Freightliner
If your truck starts emitting a high volume of blacksmoke at idle or during gear changes or just has no power its going.If it has no power shut truck of and cycle the key three times that moves the turbo motor back and forth and that frees it up.
Old 01-19-2007, 09:40 PM
bob
Charter Member #40
Charter Member

Received 104 Likes on 51 Posts

IH chassis "multiplex" wiring has presented challenges to everyone due to it's complexity. 6.0L problems are the cause of the recently announced lawsuit of Ford vs IH and also have something to do with their being slow with the financials, so I hear anyway. Paccar product is nice, but maybe in 08 if your looking to be selling it.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:39 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

I'd also stay away from the Mercedes engines in the Freightliners. A local comapny here had 5 of them and made the dealership take them all back due to constant problems. Look for Detroit and Cummings for power. We just did an inframe on a 60 Series Detroit that had 890,000 miles on the engine. It could of gone another 200,000.
Old 01-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
I'd also stay away from the Mercedes engines in the Freightliners. A local comapny here had 5 of them and made the dealership take them all back due to constant problems. Look for Detroit and Cummings for power. We just did an inframe on a 60 Series Detroit that had 890,000 miles on the engine. It could of gone another 200,000.
I heard that this week also heard that freightliner is going to Cat.Why do people buy foreign cars trucks...help me out I can't think of a reason
Old 01-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I've got Freightliners w/ Cummins and Detroits , have no idea why they went to Mercedes. We've always stayed away from CATS. They're good engines but you will pay dearly for service and parts , same w/ MACK. My daily driver is a Toyota FJ Cruiser , I've also got a 1992 Toyota 4WD Truck that has 300 thousand miles , never had any problems w/ it.

Quick Reply: International truck sales???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.