Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Hawks Cay (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/149599-hawks-cay.html)

blingbling 01-22-2007 10:09 PM

Re: Hawks Cay

I've been reading this thread for the last week and can't stop thinking about another FL Keys trip. I've also heard alot about Hawks cay, that's my next destanation. I was fortunate enough to make 3 trips last April to key Largo and about 10 miles more south. Drove my new CC from TNT to Largo and surounding areas and stayed at the Mariners Club each time before I had my CC shipped home. Got to say all the trips I've been on in my life so far, there's something about boating in the FL Keys that makes it one of the coolist trips I been on. There's not much cooler things then snorkling with my 11 year old daughter off one of the dive sites, desending 10 feet and having 6 foot nurse sharks 4 foot Baracudas and everthing else from sea turtles to finding Nemo right under neath us. The noise coming from her snorkle as well as the look on my 11 year olds face when the Barracuda was about 20 feet from us was priceless. I highly recomened doing it like I did, it was something we won't forget.

jackie.fpc 01-24-2007 01:47 PM

FPC is returning to Hawks Cay this weekend 01/26-28/07, we have 25 boats going down with us!!! Great group, can't wait, I hope the weather holds out...
Steve, we'll miss you
Stu is hiring extra models to sleep in your room.
We still have villas and cottages available!
call us 954-580-2582 Jackie

Joe 01-24-2007 05:29 PM

Jackie - Never heard back from you?

FeverMike 01-24-2007 05:49 PM

Joe, I'm still waiting for my DVD I bought back in Sept 2006...5 months ago.... from FPC :( :rolleyes:

Anyway, my wife and I head down to the Keys each year around February 6th to celebrate my Alive day. We really love the middle keys the best. We have stayed at the Hampton Inn Islamorada and Hawks Cay and both places are wonderful. We might try something else different this year.

Sydwayz 01-24-2007 05:49 PM

7 Active Thunders (Four 37'--Two 33'-- One 28') just returned from a 3 day trip in the Keys. There are a couple threads about the 'Thunder Run' in the AT forum. It was awesome!

Stormrider 01-24-2007 06:39 PM

too bad i wont be down during either run.
but then again... my wife would love that :rolleyes:
me dissapearing for a day from the family, on family vaca. :)

jackie.fpc 01-29-2007 01:31 PM

which dvd?

FeverMike 01-29-2007 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by jackie.fpc (Post 2008831)
which dvd?

The OPBA 2006 Labor Day Poker Run. My wife and I bought photo's and the DVD video which we were told we would have by December. My wife even confirmed this when she spoke with Stu about the problem we had with our photo's however we NEVER received the DVD.
We paid for eveything at the Tampa Driver meeting at Billy's Stone Crab, We did the whole package for pictures and video.
Mike and Lisa Carter
813-641-2958

jackie.fpc 01-29-2007 01:53 PM

DVD has not been completed. Actually it is done, just the voice over needs to be placed. Ron is going to help out with that, and then OPBA will mail them to all of their participants. But we did not forget you!!!