Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   51 Fountion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/149719-51-fountion.html)

Ike 01-22-2007 04:26 PM

Re: 51 Fountion

He said on the show that he has not had it out in a year but his new girlfriend convienced him to take it out. It is listed at sc marine now.

FeverMike 01-22-2007 04:32 PM

This boat looks just like the one a guy owned for a year or 2 in Tarpon Springs (Tampa area) FL. He sold it and it went off to California.

Semper Fi 01-22-2007 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Ike (Post 2000959)
He said on the show that he has not had it out in a year but his new girlfriend convienced him to take it out. It is listed at sc marine now.

I guess he got a divorce.his wife was a hottie:D

Semper Fi 01-25-2007 04:05 PM

I am watching the show right now. That was George Peterson (owner of the 51' Fountain) on the boat on the show.

Those Biatches are total hookers!!!!

ultimate cat 01-25-2007 09:13 PM

the boat from tarpon springs was sold .. but is still a local boat..and yes what a odd duck.. i delivered the boat when it was brand new..well it was supposed to be"BRAND NEW" plenty of problems went with the boat.. i did a tremendous amount of work to the boat .. trying to help the dealer who sold the boat.. what a joke that was. the dealers word was about as good as the boat.wont say any names but it was a fountain dealer near cinci ohio.... small problems like the rudder fell out within 1 hr in the water,all motors looked like they had plenty of hours on them.. which when we hooked up the scanner found over 100 hours on them,, real new huh.motors were overheating.generator needed repair. multiple gauges did not work....list goes on and on.. bought boat for almost 500k,, 1 year later gave it away for 125k .. tired of the aggrevation.. just my 2 cents worth....but it is cool looking..

IDRPSTF 01-26-2007 03:24 PM

I know the boat and remember George. What a great guy. His wife was a blast to be around as well. Sorry to hear they did not make it. I did see him on the show the other night but did not put two and two together.
As for the boat, all of the original crew from DSM know it well. Fountain built 3 or 4 and Buzzi had something to do with the drive and rudder setup. The boat had an issue hooking at high speed for no apperant reason and George learned this the hard way. Mr. Simon was put in a tough spot between George and Reggie. Unfortunatly the wrong descision was made and we lost a great client that was a man of his word (And one of those words was lawsuit). The boat shuffled around a bit but is still in nice shape and has always been on the market (Name is "Fly Paper"). The boat is near Precision Marine and I am sure Joe and Mark could find a way to fix whatever gave such a boat a bad rap. It is and will always be a spectacular boat to look at.