Trailering to & from Canada

Notices

Trailering to & from Canada

Old 01-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trailering to & from Canada

Anybody have much experence trailer a boat threw Cananda ? I bought a boat in MI ( i live in NY) and need to get it home - going threw Canada will shae about 3 1/2 hours off the already long trip. I am however worried about taking the boat threw th boarders . Any one done this before ? Are they strick ? Any chance of them ripping seats out or some thing crazy like that ? Just need to know if it worth the risk to save some time or not ?
Old 01-23-2007, 03:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Re: Trailering to & from Canada

Effective today, make sure that you have a PASSPORT!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2007, 03:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Passport is only for Flying or coming in by boat - you can still drive across with a birth certificate. I clearified that a few weeks ago when I went to look at the boats.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Registered

Ive been up for Poker Runs and never had a problem. I had a full cover on it so if they were to want to look it would have been a pain in the azz.
The only thing that would concern me with your transaction is the paperwork that you will have in your possession.
If its a new purchase whose name is the title/reg/insurance etc in?
If all documents are not in your name and 100%, I would be leary taking it out of the country.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Charter Member #139 /Moderator/Platinum Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by OldSchool
Effective today, make sure that you have a PASSPORT!!!!!!
Craig,

I have been researching that as I plan on taking my boat to Canada next year and typical goverment nonsense it appears that is for air travel only and sea or ground travel wont phase in till 2008 I have mine and will still make sure my girlfeind has hers.

I would not trust the boarder personel to know this and am not sure I would beleive it myself

http://www.americanpassport.com/wha.html

Timeline

In the proposed implementation plan, the requirements outlined above will be rolled out in the following phases:

* On January 8, 2007, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling by air between the United States and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda will be required to present a valid passport, Air NEXUS card, or U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Document.

* As early as January 1, 2008, ALL persons, including U.S. citizens, traveling between the U.S. and Canada, Mexico, Central and South America, the Caribbean, and Bermuda by land or sea (including ferries), may be required to present a valid passport or other documents as determined by the Department of Homeland Security. While recent legislative changes permit a later deadline, the Departments of State and Homeland Security are working to meet all requirements as soon as possible. Ample advance notice will be provided to enable the public to obtain passports or passport cards for land/sea entries.
Old 01-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

All registration has been done by mail so everyhing is in my name - I just have to put the plate and sticker on when I get there .
Old 01-23-2007, 08:56 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

as long as everything is in your name I cant see there being a problem.......let me guess......you want to take the hwy 401......people take that route all the time to save time......that will be nothing new to the Cdn border officials.......OSO members Cord and Waterfoul picked up an engine in Maine from Audiofn and took that route to save time to get back to Foul's home in Michigan......could PM them about it
Old 01-23-2007, 09:10 PM
Registered

Never had a problem! just make sure you have documents showing ownership!

hide the beer and stash the weed too, and make sure the immigrants stay quiet.................
Old 01-23-2007, 09:30 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Make sure you have all your, the boat and your rigs paperwork and proof of insurance and you should be all set.

Catch some Hockey and nod at the flag if you get a chance...
Attached Thumbnails Trailering to & from Canada-canadiangirl.jpg   Trailering to & from Canada-ohcanada.jpg  
Old 01-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by GLH
Make sure you have all your, the boat and your rigs paperwork and proof of insurance and you should be all set.

Catch some Hockey and nod at the flag if you get a chance...

Quick Reply: Trailering to & from Canada

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.