Whats better in the rough Cat or Vee? >

Whats better in the rough Cat or Vee?

Notices

Whats better in the rough Cat or Vee?

Old 05-06-2008, 10:12 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Okay, I knew it was around then. Man, I'm getting old faster than I thought.

He was in a Formula F-2 if I remember correctly. Very sad.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:12 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still go with the V. And the guys mentioned are the ones who've gotten press thus far behind the sticks. There are some shining stars in the JV lineup.

Absolutely no disrespect to my friends mentioned on the list.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
8' to 10' waves? Wave height is the vertical distance from the top of the crest to the bottom of the trough. Let's see the video of that race.
thats a wave breaking on a beach, theres a different look to a 8 to 10 foot wave out on the ocean there not curling over straight up as they break on shore as they get straight up from the sudden shallow beach when your offshore they have say a 45 to 60 degree maybe more or less of attack you now that so the wave is 10ft top to bottom but angle is different from a wave breaking on land
waterboy
Old 05-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ScottB
Jeff Defrees
Mark kowalski
Steve Curtis
Reggie Fountain III
Billy Moore
Rich Wyatt
Herb Stotler
Bob Teague
Gary Balllough
Mike Standcombe
Joey Gratton

Just a few more off the top of my head who will crush Vees in Rough water throttling a cat
After to day you can add Gerry knot right
Old 05-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
thats a wave breaking on a beach, theres a different look to a 8 to 10 foot wave out on the ocean there not curling over straight up as they break on shore as they get straight up from the sudden shallow beach when your offshore they have say a 45 to 60 degree maybe more or less of attack you now that so the wave is 10ft top to bottom but angle is different from a wave breaking on land
waterboy
That pic was to show what a 10' wave looks like. I don't see a 36' any type of boat running in 10' seas. It is too big. Kawabunga!
Old 05-06-2008, 10:30 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
waterboy
WTF are you guys talking about? . Wave ht is measured from crest to trough in the open ocean. a 4' vertical wave is 4' ABOVE AND 4' BELOW sea level.... that means an 8 FOOT WALL.

ASG and I came back to Ft. Laud in his 38 TG a few years ago in 4-6's (8 to 12' walls). That boat is a beast. When we slowe doen inside Port Everglades (Laud) the rub rails were kinked out 4" at the helm both sides. THATS HOW MUCH FLEX AND TORTURE THE HULL TOOK DURING THAT 30 MILE RUN. That being said our avg speed was 68.something mph

Brad please jump in here.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by stainless
you left out the likes of joey impressia ,terry ayres and quite a few other old timers who qualify for that list.. i've got a funny herb stotler story for you!
Bobby Moore to he did nice job in KW 94 WORLDS won open, but it was sad we lost TOM G. in open that week, and liked smitty smith he was a funny guy that week also.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Registered

Wink

dollabill I have seen waves say 3 to 5ft on top of 20ft swells swells so if a trough of a wave is on top or the middle of a gaint 20ft swell thats not sea level to me. what your talking about to is if your running in 4 footers and every 6 waves a hole opens up now you are in hole minus sea level is that watch cha mean. other this summer I will walk off the beach with my carpet tape measure its a good one doesn't flex at 7' wholed my breath have someone on the beach to help measure waves coming to see if the trough is always below sea level. ps I can hold my breath for a whole bunch WaterBoy OUT! aka artie farty oops.
Old 05-06-2008, 10:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DollaBill
WTF are you guys talking about? . Wave ht is measured from crest to trough in the open ocean. a 4' vertical wave is 4' ABOVE AND 4' BELOW sea level.... that means an 8 FOOT WALL.

ASG and I came back to Ft. Laud in his 38 TG a few years ago in 4-6's (8 to 12' walls). That boat is a beast. When we slowe doen inside Port Everglades (Laud) the rub rails were kinked out 4" at the helm both sides. THATS HOW MUCH FLEX AND TORTURE THE HULL TOOK DURING THAT 30 MILE RUN. That being said our avg speed was 68.something mph

Brad please jump in here.

Wave Anatomy:

Still-Water Line - The level of the sea surface if it were perfectly calm and flat.

Crest - The highest point on the wave above the still-water line.

Trough - The lowest point on the wave below the still-water line.

Wave Height - The vertical distance between crest and trough.

Wavelength - The horizontal distance between successive crests or troughs.

Wave Period - The time it takes for one complete wave to pass a particular point.

Wave Frequency - The number of waves that pass a particular point in a given time period.

Amplitude - One-half the wave height or the distance from either the crest or the trough to the still-water line.

Depth - the distance from the ocean bottom to the still-water line.

Direction of Propagation - the direction in which a wave is travelling.

End of lesson!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2008, 11:20 PM
Registered

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos
Wave Anatomy:

Still-Water Line - The level of the sea surface if it were perfectly calm and flat.

Crest - The highest point on the wave above the still-water line.

Trough - The lowest point on the wave below the still-water line.

Wave Height - The vertical distance between crest and trough.

Wavelength - The horizontal distance between successive crests or troughs.

Wave Period - The time it takes for one complete wave to pass a particular point.

Wave Frequency - The number of waves that pass a particular point in a given time period.

Amplitude - One-half the wave height or the distance from either the crest or the trough to the still-water line.

Depth - the distance from the ocean bottom to the still-water line.

Direction of Propagation - the direction in which a wave is travelling.

End of lesson!!!!!!!!!
THANK YOU SIR may I have another ps I am going to copy THAT Sir

Quick Reply: Whats better in the rough Cat or Vee?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.