Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   3,000 posts - 7 long years! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/149855-3-000-posts-7-long-years.html)

FeverMike 01-23-2007 09:29 PM

Re: 3,000 posts - 7 long years!

Joker ask Mike A about the internet racin he, bull, Miklos, me and other did back in the mid 90's on the newsgroups...it was viscious...no moderator either! Never had so much fun.

Ted G 01-23-2007 09:54 PM

Oh man, it's been a long, strange trip from rec.powerboats.racing :D

Congrats on the 3k Brian, now let's talk about bringing some Factory 1 fun to Cambridge :D :D

FeverMike 01-23-2007 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by insptech (Post 2002678)
Oh man, it's been a long, strange trip from rec.powerboats.racing :D

Congrats on the 3k Brian, now let's talk about bringing some Factory 1 fun to Cambridge :D :D

Where you there too? That was some fuuny stuff back then. I was Scarab Mike, Mike A was just Mike A, Miklos was Laser, Bob Bull was just Bull..llamafeeder and the whole cast was there!

Ted G 01-23-2007 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike (Post 2002689)
Where you there too? That was some fuuny stuff back then. I was Scarab Mike, Mike A was just Mike A, Miklos was Laser, Bob Bull was just Bull..llamafeeder and the whole cast was there!

Yeah, I didn't post much except when our races were on but I got into a couple of small mellees once in a while. I think I posted as Ted G and I also spent a lot of time on rec.boats. One day someone on there posted about this board called offshoreonly and I never went back. I remember all the llama hullabaloo though :evilb:

FeverMike 01-23-2007 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by insptech (Post 2002703)
Yeah, I didn't post much except when our races were on but I got into a couple of small mellees once in a while. I think I posted as Ted G and I also spent a lot of time on rec.boats. One day someone on there posted about this board called offshoreonly and I never went back. I remember all the llama hullabaloo though :evilb:

Yep once Offshore Only came about the newsgroups died off. However being unmoderated and people just speaking there mind made for some funny stuff. I miss it and I made some serious friends from that newsgroup too.

Racegirl3 01-24-2007 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by THEJOKER (Post 2002459)
only thing cold about RGIII is her HEART!

:p :D :drink:

CigDaze 01-24-2007 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by FeverMike (Post 2002629)
Joker ask Mike A about the internet racin he, bull, Miklos, me and other did back in the mid 90's on the newsgroups...it was viscious...no moderator either! Never had so much fun.

Llamas on Rec.boats. Good stuff. :eek:

buck183 01-24-2007 08:33 AM

LOL! This is bringing back some memories. I too found out about OSO on rec.boats of all places.

What about our good buddy Harry? Anyone remember him. I checked in on that place about a year ago and he was STILL posting useless political crap on that place like it was going out of style. I used to hammer him SO hard about that. He couldn't take it. I think I finally made his ignore list.

I told him not to bother trying to join a moderated forum like OSO. He couldn't follow the rules like he was supposed to and would probably get booted.

Are we showing our age on this topic?

Buck

Wally 01-24-2007 09:06 AM

3k in 7yrs....i'm not that far ahead of you and ive been here from the days when the forum had all the posts listed on a SINGLE page and we had to scroll around to find new posts!! :D

cigarette1 01-24-2007 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by insptech (Post 2002703)

That was yours truly who turned the rec.boats on to OffshoreOnly.

I had been telling Jeffrey about all the banter in the news group about offshore boating which triggered something in his head. Next thing you know, he calls and ask me to register on this thing called a message board and make a post (I wish I had presence of mind to save an image of the first page of post).

OK, so now there's an organized message board for offshore enthusiast with no offshore enthusiast besides Jeffrey and myself, posting a lot of nothing back and forth.

Well, finally the day came when I (heh heh heh) felt OSO was ready for primetime and I introduced it to the news group, rec.boats.power.racing.

The rest is history

Yours Truly
:drink: