3,000 posts - 7 long years! >

3,000 posts - 7 long years!

Notices

3,000 posts - 7 long years!

Old 01-23-2007, 09:29 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: 3,000 posts - 7 long years!

Joker ask Mike A about the internet racin he, bull, Miklos, me and other did back in the mid 90's on the newsgroups...it was viscious...no moderator either! Never had so much fun.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:54 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh man, it's been a long, strange trip from rec.powerboats.racing

Congrats on the 3k Brian, now let's talk about bringing some Factory 1 fun to Cambridge
Old 01-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by insptech
Oh man, it's been a long, strange trip from rec.powerboats.racing

Congrats on the 3k Brian, now let's talk about bringing some Factory 1 fun to Cambridge
Where you there too? That was some fuuny stuff back then. I was Scarab Mike, Mike A was just Mike A, Miklos was Laser, Bob Bull was just Bull..llamafeeder and the whole cast was there!
Old 01-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Where you there too? That was some fuuny stuff back then. I was Scarab Mike, Mike A was just Mike A, Miklos was Laser, Bob Bull was just Bull..llamafeeder and the whole cast was there!

Yeah, I didn't post much except when our races were on but I got into a couple of small mellees once in a while. I think I posted as Ted G and I also spent a lot of time on rec.boats. One day someone on there posted about this board called offshoreonly and I never went back. I remember all the llama hullabaloo though
Old 01-23-2007, 10:49 PM
Registered

Yeah, I didn't post much except when our races were on but I got into a couple of small mellees once in a while. I think I posted as Ted G and I also spent a lot of time on rec.boats. One day someone on there posted about this board called offshoreonly and I never went back. I remember all the llama hullabaloo though
Yep once Offshore Only came about the newsgroups died off. However being unmoderated and people just speaking there mind made for some funny stuff. I miss it and I made some serious friends from that newsgroup too.
Old 01-24-2007, 05:55 AM
Easily Distracted
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by THEJOKER
only thing cold about RGIII is her HEART!

Old 01-24-2007, 06:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Joker ask Mike A about the internet racin he, bull, Miklos, me and other did back in the mid 90's on the newsgroups...it was viscious...no moderator either! Never had so much fun.
Llamas on Rec.boats. Good stuff.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:33 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

LOL! This is bringing back some memories. I too found out about OSO on rec.boats of all places.

What about our good buddy Harry? Anyone remember him. I checked in on that place about a year ago and he was STILL posting useless political crap on that place like it was going out of style. I used to hammer him SO hard about that. He couldn't take it. I think I finally made his ignore list.

I told him not to bother trying to join a moderated forum like OSO. He couldn't follow the rules like he was supposed to and would probably get booted.

Are we showing our age on this topic?

Buck
Old 01-24-2007, 09:06 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 947 Likes on 476 Posts

3k in 7yrs....i'm not that far ahead of you and ive been here from the days when the forum had all the posts listed on a SINGLE page and we had to scroll around to find new posts!!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 01-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Member #2 ....Jeeezz
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was yours truly who turned the rec.boats on to OffshoreOnly.

I had been telling Jeffrey about all the banter in the news group about offshore boating which triggered something in his head. Next thing you know, he calls and ask me to register on this thing called a message board and make a post (I wish I had presence of mind to save an image of the first page of post).

OK, so now there's an organized message board for offshore enthusiast with no offshore enthusiast besides Jeffrey and myself, posting a lot of nothing back and forth.

Well, finally the day came when I (heh heh heh) felt OSO was ready for primetime and I introduced it to the news group, rec.boats.power.racing.

The rest is history

Yours Truly

Last edited by cigarette1; 01-24-2007 at 11:04 AM.

Quick Reply: 3,000 posts - 7 long years!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.