Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Smith Mountain Lake Poker Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/14987-smith-mountain-lake-poker-run.html)

BryanTuvell 02-20-2002 10:12 AM

We will arrive Friday about noon, get the boat in the water, check in at Mariners, then boat a little. Drivers meeting, run, party then boat more Sunday and leave that afternoon/evening.

Can you describe how far by car it is to where the drivers meeting is from Mariners? Are lake maps available?
I don't boat at night!

Where does the run commence from etc? I see the 7 stops on the website. I know it is early and better details will likely come out soon. Just curious.

Thanks Will....
Bryan

BAJA WILL 02-20-2002 10:20 AM

I am not sure how far Mariners is by Land to the drivers meeting assuming it is at the bridge? I will find a place that has maps for you. I thought they did the drivers meeting on saturday?? But it may have changed.

WILL

CheckmateF1 02-20-2002 02:10 PM

I just sent in my entry fee last week. Havn't got any more info back yet.

Bryan, if the stops are on the web site I'll match them up with my map of last year. I can mark the stops and send a map to ya no prob. Id like to map it out early also as last year we got lost for about 30 minutes.

Will is correct. It would be pretty tricky to boat back at night. I think I'll probably avoid that too.

Friday night is the registration and dinner & bar(RT's dock&dine), Sat morn drivers meeting at the Bridge where the run starts, then dinner& bar(catered under a tent) after the run. If it is still the same as last year then everything is going on at the Bridge area.

Will, are we still hooking up at your house sometime?

We will be at the lake on Thursday around 1pm or so. Staying at Bernards Landing til Sunday evening.

Eric

BryanTuvell 02-20-2002 02:33 PM

CHECKMATE F1 Thanks man, make/buy me a map and send it to me, my dimes are good, I will hook ya up with some $'s...
I like to plan stuff and be familiar with the charts of a new run...

My question NOW is so for the Saturday am drivers meeting, car or by boat????

Bryan

BAJA WILL 02-20-2002 02:56 PM

Eric, Yea still on for my house friday. I will probably have a late lunch and keg of beer for OSO members friday.

WILL:D

BryanTuvell 02-20-2002 05:35 PM

Will, can you answer my last post? I know it is your stomp'n grounds.

Shoot me an email on you location to, when the party will start and what we should bring etc...

Bryan

CheckmateF1 02-20-2002 08:01 PM

Bryan, we go to the drivers meeting by boat. Then just hang around and bs til the run starts. Which is around 10 or 11am I think.

When I send you the map I'll mark your place(Mariners Landing) and ours(Bernard's Landing) and also Will's place. We can meet up anytime and We'll show ya'll around. There is a sweet cliff area just down from Will's place. Water is 80 feet deep and it's a blast to jump off the cliff. Bout a 20ft jump.

We splash the boat Thursday and play around a little for the afternoon. We can plan to meet up sometime Friday noon-ish. Then see what time Will has in mind. Im sure Cignificant and Sydway23 will go along also.

Will, let us know if we need to bring anything.

CAN'T WAIT!!
Eric

BryanTuvell 02-20-2002 08:40 PM

ERIC, thanks so much... I private messaged ya our address...
I truely appreciate..

I AM TEMPTED to come on Thursday now and get a feel for the lake.... I am at Cumberland the Thursday through Sunday prior...
I need to work at least one day of those two weeks, but it is possible....... I will start looking at it...

I thought it was mentioned dock space was limited, or was that somewhere else...???
Goal 1 get there
Goal 2 drivers mtg
Goal 3 the run....

Thanks again for your help... and I am sure those that won't ask what I am are wondering if they have never been there... so this data is for the team!
Bryan

BryanTuvell 02-20-2002 08:49 PM

ERIC, I have not mastered the private messgae thing, did you get my address?
Bryan

Cignificant 02-20-2002 09:29 PM

Joe and I are towing up Thursday afternoon, but won't hit Bernards until about dark. We'll launch Friday morning and then try to find everyone. Pass along any maps you come up with. My fax is 208-248-4427