Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Smith Mountain Lake Poker Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/14987-smith-mountain-lake-poker-run.html)

BryanTuvell 03-12-2002 08:33 PM

Spoke to Barry tonight, there are still open boat slots!
FYI

Bryan

rbtnt 03-17-2002 11:45 PM

I'm glad someone renewed this post as it looks like we will be going this year, if there are any openings left. We wanted to go last year, but the boat wasn't ready.

I emailed a request for the PR packet, but can you guys recommend a place to stay for 2 nights? We are looking for a hotel or lodge that has 2 bedrooms and we will need a dock for a 28' cat and any suggestions on a launch ramp?

We are going to arrive early Friday afternoon and driving from central Ohio area.

CheckmateF1: You mentioned you have a marked map of the lake, would you mind emailing that to me at [email protected]?

A couple more questions:
mileage of the run?
is there a planned fuel stop?
any noise restrictions?
is there a speed restriction during the PR?

Any information would be great as this is our first time to SML. If any of you have done the Lake Cumberland or Cincinnati Poker Runs, we have probably seen you.

Thanks
Randy Teater

[email protected]

CheckmateF1 03-18-2002 08:53 AM

Rbtnt, I do have markerd maps of the run. I think I have 6 left if anyone else wants one.

Randy, E-mail me your address and I'll snail mail ya a map. It's to big e-mail. My add. is [email protected]

As far as a place to stay, a couple of us( including me) are staying at Bernard's Landing. www.bernardslanding.com

We stay there twice a year. It's very clean, has a decent ramp on site, decent docks and a nice restaraunt. If you call or e-mail them ask for Bobby Middleton and tell him what you need and he'll hook you up. But don't wait much longer, they get booked quick.

As far as mileage goes I'm not sure. There are seven card stops spread all over the lake. I doubt you'll need gas during the run. I did'nt.

talk soon, Eric G

Sydwayz 03-18-2002 10:10 AM

I just mailed in my check! I cannot wait for the run and mini-vacation.

Will, make sure the keg at the Tiki Bar is full, and reserve my usual spot on the beach.

BryanTuvell 03-18-2002 03:26 PM

RBTNT, the maps Eric has are the deal!
He sent me one.... email him!
Eric and Will have posted some very good data in this thread.

What kind of boat you bringing? Ours is a 26ZX Donzi.

We were orignally at Bernards Landing but switched to www.marinerslanding.com since the girls like the heated swimming pool (new this year) etc, the girls aren't doing the poker run, so if it is cool the kids can swim. We got a 3 bedroom condo loaded up nice with a Jacuzzi in the master for about 200 a day with slip. We are taking our neighbors so we needed a big place, the rental gal was very nice and helpful. There are other places too, Pirates Cove and a couple others, they are listed on the SML website.
Ask whereever you stay about rain/event date changes for the event, Mariners doesn't have a fee or charge for changing dates because of the event, they are also a card stop. I think all will work with ya, just thought I would add that, most lake rentals are privately owned, and they want your money!

They all pretty much have their own ramps, I know for fact Bernards and Mariners do.

We took look forward to seeing everyone, this is our first time to SML.
Bryan

Reckless32 03-18-2002 03:53 PM

Bryan, make a copy of the map and any other info you've gotten outside the aplication package and send to me...

BryanTuvell 03-18-2002 05:43 PM

Reckless, consider it done!
Enjoyed your company on the boat Saturday and dinner too.

Your 288 will be home in just days! Good luck with her.
See ya this weekend.
Bryan

CheckmateF1 03-18-2002 10:14 PM

Reckless288, I still have some copies left. You may as well let me mail ya one too. I'm sending one to Rbtnt.

If you want one e-mail me your address. [email protected]

Eric

Sydwayz 03-18-2002 11:08 PM

Eric, please save me a copy too!!!
Thanks!!!

Reckless32 03-19-2002 12:31 AM

checkmatef1
Just sent ya my address. Thanks ahead for the info...

Rick