Verado 300 and 325HP to debut in Miami >

Verado 300 and 325HP to debut in Miami

Notices

Verado 300 and 325HP to debut in Miami

Old 02-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Most any auto parts store will recycle your oil for free. The boat has to be out of the water to drain the oil just like changing the oil on a bravo outdrive.

Also you do not have to use the Mercury oil. Most all the SKA guys with Verado's are using Mobil 1 which is less than the Merc stuff.

Part of the what makes the Verado's good is the whole package as a system. The throttles and steering are car like, easy to use and work, no cable to worry about and very very reliable.
So if you have a triple engine Verado powered CC. You will have ( 7quarts/engine X 3 egines = 21 quarts or 5.25 gal. of waste oil ) to drop off a your local auto parts store along with 3 filters. If your boat is racked stored (maybe the 2nd or 3rd level) you will have to make arrangments to put in a service staging area. How about if you have a lift on the water. Is it possiabe to service the oil drain without spilling any in the water ??? If you can not access, I guess you spend a half of a day, loading the boat on a trailer ($possiable ramp fee) changing the oil and unloading back on the water. I don't know about the marinas around you but most marinas in the summer, let alone on the weekends are very busy.

Your right it sounds much easier !
I do not have to make any special arrangements to pour oil in my VRO tank !
Old 02-17-2007, 10:09 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off I like two strokes less moving parts, less to go wrong. Fever Mike said he changes oil every 200 hours that almost a whole boating season in Wisconsin. Both the 2 and 4 stroke outboards have strength and weaknesses.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:35 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BBB725
First off I like two strokes less moving parts, less to go wrong. Fever Mike said he changes oil every 200 hours that almost a whole boating season in Wisconsin. Both the 2 and 4 stroke outboards have strength and weaknesses.
You are right, but most of these large CC are in southern states,with longer boating seasons.
I also thought the service time was 100 hrs ? Didn't someone state that earlier in the post ?
I think the Verado's are good engines (any 4 stroke), but they have some down side too.

Last edited by Rocco; 02-17-2007 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Part of the what makes the Verado's good is the whole package as a system. The throttles and steering are car like, easy to use and work, no cable to worry about and very very reliable.
I agree with you on that.................
Jr.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:21 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So if you have a 4 stroke you have to pay to dispose of your used oil, but with a 2 stroke you just release it into the water?
I think 100 bucks is high for an oil change, my Ford dealer only charges 89.00 to change the oil in my diesel super duty and it holds about 15 qts. They use Ford oil and they're not known to be cheap on their service. But then again I charge an hour labor to change oil in a boat plus materials, so thats well over 100.00 for a little 3.0L Mercruiser.
Old 02-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bowtie
So if you have a 4 stroke you have to pay to dispose of your used oil, but with a 2 stroke you just release it into the water?
I think 100 bucks is high for an oil change, my Ford dealer only charges 89.00 to change the oil in my diesel super duty and it holds about 15 qts. They use Ford oil and they're not known to be cheap on their service. But then again I charge an hour labor to change oil in a boat plus materials, so thats well over 100.00 for a little 3.0L Mercruiser.
The Merc. 2 stroke Optis and Bombardiar E-Tecs have equal or better emissions. I agree the older 2 strokes exhausted alot of unburned oil into the water but the new or latest tech. 2 strokes are pretty clean and weigh alot less. Like I said before I think it's great Merc. Yamaha and even Bomb. are starting to push the envelope on outboard horsepower!!
All of us performance center console outboard guys benefit. I never thought I would see V8 outboards again
Just look at the warranties these mfg.s are offering !
Bombardiar is offering 7 years !!!!!!

Last edited by Rocco; 02-17-2007 at 05:08 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 07:10 PM
Registered

Is there a 325hp ? What about a speedmaster lower ?
Old 02-17-2007, 08:35 PM
instigator
Platinum Member

the Whaler at the In Water Show on the far north pier had 300's on it, or at least new style 300 cowling's with the chrome strips....
Old 02-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No 325's, and the Whaler also has 275's.. 325's will come from Merc racing somteime this summer...
Old 02-17-2007, 09:35 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocco
So if you have a triple engine Verado powered CC. You will have ( 7quarts/engine X 3 egines = 21 quarts or 5.25 gal. of waste oil ) to drop off a your local auto parts store along with 3 filters. If your boat is racked stored (maybe the 2nd or 3rd level) you will have to make arrangments to put in a service staging area. How about if you have a lift on the water. Is it possiabe to service the oil drain without spilling any in the water ??? If you can not access, I guess you spend a half of a day, loading the boat on a trailer ($possiable ramp fee) changing the oil and unloading back on the water. I don't know about the marinas around you but most marinas in the summer, let alone on the weekends are very busy.

Your right it sounds much easier !
I do not have to make any special arrangements to pour oil in my VRO tank !
I see your point and knew all of this going into my Verado selection. I do not change my own oil...I take right to the service center at the marina. Those days are way over for me! 2 strokes and 4 strokes have there good and bad points. the Verado's were the correct choice for me and seem to be for most customers with the boat model I have.

Quick Reply: Verado 300 and 325HP to debut in Miami

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.