Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by yahoo
Sportsmaster lower ?
No, they are like the 275 lower.
Old 02-18-2007, 07:51 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Seems like a total act of desperation to put 300 covers on a 275!! Lame marketing IMO

Jon
Old 02-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Until any of you have owned a 2 stroke and then the Verado SYSTEM, I can't see some of your arguments. It really depends on the boat itself and the type of boating you do. It's really all about the Verado SYSTEM and until you've owned and experianced it I do not see how you can coment on it.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:17 AM
instigator
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiofn
Seems like a total act of desperation to put 300 covers on a 275!! Lame marketing IMO

Jon
actually, I thought the same thing, there seemed to be a LOT of fake 300 covers, both in the water and in the hall, makes it confusing as to what's reality or not... I don't like to be hoodwinked
Old 02-18-2007, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FeverMike
Until any of you have owned a 2 stroke and then the Verado SYSTEM, I can't see some of your arguments. It really depends on the boat itself and the type of boating you do. It's really all about the Verado SYSTEM and until you've owned and experianced it I do not see how you can coment on it.
FeverMike, I live and boat with Merc employees and get the chance to talk to the engineers at Merc "off the record" They are all proud of the product and really beleive in the Verado system. As much as I like 2 strokes I will give the Verados a really close look when getting my next boat.
Old 02-18-2007, 09:16 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am sorry I don't own a new boat rigged with a Verado, but I have been on plenty of my freind's boats that are. I have read plenty of comments posted by you about other boats you didn't own but you rode on.

Until a new latest and greatest CC with 3-350 hp V8 Yamaha's passes you this year. Then you be singing there praise and bashing Verados. ( You Got To Lighten Up Man !!!)

Don't you think the reason most boats like yours are running Verados is that Merc. is the biggest marine engine mfg. and controls distribution to boat companies it has finacial intrest in ? Plus what sells ? The lastest High Tech gagets.

Your missing the point this tech. push by all the mfg.s is great for all of us. The most popular thing at the boats shows this year is BIG Performance Style CC's .
Old 02-18-2007, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rocco
I am sorry I don't own a new boat rigged with a Verado, but I have been on plenty of my freind's boats that are. I have read plenty of comments posted by you about other boats you didn't own but you rode on.

Until a new latest and greatest CC with 3-350 hp V8 Yamaha's passes you this year. Then you be singing there praise and bashing Verados. ( You Got To Lighten Up Man !!!)

Don't you think the reason most boats like yours are running Verados is that Merc. is the biggest marine engine mfg. and controls distribution to boat companies it has finacial intrest in ? Plus what sells ? The lastest High Tech gagets.

Your missing the point this tech. push by all the mfg.s is great for all of us. The most popular thing at the boats shows this year is BIG Performance Style CC's .

Yeah Rocco you are so right about my boat and about me. You know more about my boat than I do so I guess I should yank those Verado's off and put on some???? What do you think resale would be?

Last edited by FeverMike; 02-18-2007 at 02:23 PM.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:29 PM
Registered

Yeah Rocco you are so right about my boat and about me. You know more about my boat than I do so I guess I should yank those Verado's off and put on some???? What do you think resale would be?
Nobody told you to yank your motors off ??
Where did you get that from my post ??
I think it's great to have choices. I think the engine mfg. are giving us choices. A couple of years ago the outboard industry looked bleak because of stringent environmental standards. today we have 2 mfg, who have broken the 300 hp. barrier and maybe a 3rd (Rumors of a 300 + hp. Evinrude/Bomb.).
Old 02-18-2007, 08:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by marylandmark
Great news for all of us CC eggbeater lovers!

400LB, 400HP 4 strokes would be 4 me!
I wonder how fast your 32 concept would be with that set-up ? I don't see either 2 or 4 strokes weighing anything less than 500lbs. We can dream !!!

Quick Reply: Verado 300 and 325HP to debut in Miami

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.