Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Verado 300 and 325HP to debut in Miami (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/150005-verado-300-325hp-debut-miami.html)

Tall Man 02-18-2007 09:08 PM

Hey, I started this thread and you guys hijacked it and turned it into a big 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke argument and that's not the reason I started this thread. I started this thread for the simple purpose of stating an inarguable fact. And that fact is that VERADOS ARE SUPERIOR MOTORS TO TWO STROKES.

:evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

FeverMike 02-18-2007 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tall Man (Post 2030916)
Hey, I started this thread and you guys hijacked it and turned it into a big 2 stroke vs. 4 stroke argument and that's not the reason I started this thread. I started this thread for the simple purpose of stating an inarguable fact. And that fact is that VERADOS ARE SUPERIOR MOTORS TO TWO STROKES.

:evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:

EXACTLY!!!!!!

Scott B 02-19-2007 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Tall Man (Post 2030916)
And that fact is that VERADOS ARE SUPERIOR MOTORS TO TWO STROKES.
:

Word*....

*If you like fatass engines and going slow :) :)

RBT 02-19-2007 09:12 AM

Interesting post

-my sources tell me that the 350 V8 will be awhile yet.
-Bombardier HAS RUNNING ( for over a year ) a 325-350 motor, it is the same weight as there current motors, runs on 87 octane, and will have a new gearcase with optional gear ratios. They are not releasing it till there is a warehouse ready to ship them, and it has passed endurance tests.
-Both the E-tec and Optimax are FAR better on gas then the Verado
-Both the E-tec and Optimax have LOWER emissions than the Verado
-Both the E-tec and Optimax are lighter
-Verado system is ver slick, I hope the others follow suit.

My opinion, 4-strokes have been shoved down our throats. They are smoke and mirriors, like I stated above.... worse in both fuel consumption and emissions.... plus the are heavy.

I have a lot of time in about every outboard made, and right now I feel the E-Tec is the best..... which is hard for me as I bleed black and have since I was a kid. Currently I have 6 Mercs...... but will probably buy a 3?? E-Tec once it arrives.

RT

J-Bonz 02-19-2007 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by RBT (Post 2031191)
Interesting post

-my sources tell me that the 350 V8 will be awhile yet.
-Bombardier HAS RUNNING ( for over a year ) a 325-350 motor, it is the same weight as there current motors, runs on 87 octane, and will have a new gearcase with optional gear ratios. They are not releasing it till there is a warehouse ready to ship them, and it has passed endurance tests.
-Both the E-tec and Optimax are FAR better on gas then the Verado
-Both the E-tec and Optimax have LOWER emissions than the Verado
-Both the E-tec and Optimax are lighter
-Verado system is ver slick, I hope the others follow suit.

My opinion, 4-strokes have been shoved down our throats. They are smoke and mirriors, like I stated above.... worse in both fuel consumption and emissions.... plus the are heavy.

I have a lot of time in about every outboard made, and right now I feel the E-Tec is the best..... which is hard for me as I bleed black and have since I was a kid. Currently I have 6 Mercs...... but will probably buy a 3?? E-Tec once it arrives.

RT

One word.....................

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rocco 02-19-2007 11:15 AM

*If you like fatass engines and going slow

LOL:evilb: :evilb: :evilb: :evilb:
Be careful somebody will have a stroke on this board.

Rocco 02-19-2007 11:19 AM

RBT,

Over on Screamandfly there has been alot talk about this 300+ hp motor. When is the projected release ?? Something this big might have to wait until next years Miami show.

RBT 02-19-2007 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Rocco (Post 2031321)
RBT,

Over on Screamandfly there has been alot talk about this 300+ hp motor. When is the projected release ?? Something this big might have to wait until next years Maimi show.

Good question....... I couldn't get a straight answer on either the date or the HP rating, all I know is over 325..... or in other words more than anyone else. Consider that Merc doesn't really even have a 300 Verado yet and Yamaha droped the 350 bomb on them it could get interesting.

RT

Rocco 02-19-2007 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by marylandmark (Post 2031333)
I guess this is how the saying "different strokes for different folks" came about? :rolleyes:

Thank You!!!!

Tall Man 02-19-2007 11:54 AM

haha, very funny, ha ha...

It does seem though to me that for their first attempt at a boosted outboard, merc did a damn good job. It could have been a fricken disaster and it wasn't. It was a success and although it didn't win over everyone, I do believe that as the engine evolves and improves over time it will continually win more fans. The 325Hp racing version will be interesting to see, as will any 300+ etec that comes out.

I'd like to see the verado eventually get to 375hp or 400hp reliably.