Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Lake Cumberland Dam Problems (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/150044-lake-cumberland-dam-problems.html)

US1 Fountain 01-28-2007 10:20 PM

Re: Lake Cumberland Dam Problems

Still will be larger than Dale Hollow. :)

Sydwayz 01-29-2007 09:43 AM

Is this going to affect the LC Poker Run????????

CigBoat 01-29-2007 03:43 PM

I dont think it will effect the poker run. All of the marinas are getting money to extend and improve the ramps along with a few of the other public ramps.

sommerfliesby 01-29-2007 03:56 PM

Any way to find out for certain? I was planning on making that run this summer...I'd like to know for sure before I drop the coin and drive 8 hours.

US1 Fountain 01-29-2007 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 2008572)
Is this going to affect the LC Poker Run????????

I could see it effecting the spectators more than the runners.
I won't take my boat to LC. at those levels. Not familar enough with the underwater islands when the water is that low. Even the low levels during the past poker runs makes me nervous in a few spots that I normally fly thru during summer levels.

Sydwayz 01-29-2007 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mentalpause (Post 2005272)
How deep is the water in the State Park marina?

I saw 150-210 on the depth finder depending on where we were tied up.

There are quite a few of us that want to come to the PR from VA and Active Thunder this year; however we are not risking iffy lake conditions.

gofastwannabe 01-29-2007 05:39 PM

i talked to a lake cumberland marine salesman at the louisville boat show saturday and he had no information to give on the PR.

gofastwannabe 01-29-2007 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by CigBoat (Post 2008986)
I dont think it will effect the poker run. All of the marinas are getting money to extend and improve the ramps along with a few of the other public ramps.

the local news tonight said the state was looking for money to extend SOME ramps but the corps did not know which ramps will get extended. someone I talked to said between eight and twelve ramps but don't quote me on that.

SkiDoc 01-29-2007 05:56 PM

I am going to do the leg work on lenghtening the ramp at our community. Going to be tough to make it longer than 20 to 25 ft. without a coffer dam being built. This won't be any good for the DCB as I will need at least 35 ft. The bigger marinas will make this happen at most any cost to keep their businesses afloat. I wouldn't write the PR off. I went over my topo. map still looks like a lot of unobstructed water.

CigBoat 01-29-2007 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain (Post 2009050)
I could see it effecting the spectators more than the runners.
I won't take my boat to LC. at those levels. Not familar enough with the underwater islands when the water is that low. Even the low levels during the past poker runs makes me nervous in a few spots that I normally fly thru during summer levels.

You all should boat in the gulf sometime! The intercostal is deep when it gets over ten feet Cumberland will still be over 80 feet in most of the lake. There are just a few spots that you need to avoid.