Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Miami Vice Bonus features?? WTF? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/150082-miami-vice-bonus-features-wtf.html)

Team V 01-28-2007 03:56 PM

Re: Miami Vice Bonus features?? WTF?

Originally Posted by PhantomChaos (Post 2005917)
Miami Vice wasn't about boating!!! It was cops and drug dealers.

BINGO!!

The movie is what it is........ a modern day spin on a popular TV series/ with some cool boat scenes.

I thought the movie was a nice remake of the "Smugglers Blues" episode. Totally predictable from the very beginning..... Tub's girl getting kidnapped and tied-up in a booby-trapped contraption..... Crocket getting emotionally involved and compromising the sting, etc,etc....

OldSchool 01-28-2007 04:07 PM

We watched it on friday night. What a dissapointment!!!!

Wild Card 09 01-28-2007 04:46 PM

I too, was disappointed when I went to the movietheatre and came out asking which film did Powerboat preview.

However, I watched it again, because a buddy of mine, also a powerboat nut who knows the episodes of the original Miami Vice from start to finish, said he was really impressed.
If you forget the boat scene issue for a moment, and just enjoy the highly stylised scenes, the music video style of combining sound and imagery, it does pretty much represent a modern version of what the original Miami Vice series was.
There were alot of people who didnīt like the original either.

It could have carried a couple more boat based scenes, in order to set it off from Bad Boys, or Tequila Sunrise, and others like them, but it doesnīt deserve the hard critic its getting.
It does ,however raise the question, did the film company just use the trick of cutting off the starting boat scene in order to sell a bunch of directors cut DVDīs to the people who have already bought the cinema version. A cheap trick.............

Coleman 01-28-2007 09:39 PM

You guys are being to nice. That movie sucked!!!!:mad:

Team V 01-28-2007 09:54 PM

I'm watching Miami Vice right now on Sleuth... "The Big Thaw", (BTW- 'Izzy' was an awesome charactor)

Good point Wild Card, Miami Vice was about the music and the imagery :cool:

phragle 01-28-2007 09:54 PM

way to slow and over dramatic... like somehow a chick edited it!! when I go see an action movie, things are supposed to blow up..lots of things, cars fly..boats fly..people die..mass carnage and mayhem non stop for 2 hours!! and not a bunch of cheesey computer special effects and models..we want the real thing!! and they wonder why movie attendence is down action movies are action movies..chick flicks are chick flicks...the 2 are different species and should not breed!! if they do you get birth defects!! (bad movies nobody likes)

US1 Fountain 01-28-2007 10:22 PM

I thought it was good.
Screw the boats, where's Elvis?

CBR 01-29-2007 05:58 PM

If they merely cut the gross closeups of ugly skin pores, and substituted the boat racing scenes they had in the bag, it would have improved the movie by about 200%.

Chris Sunkin 01-29-2007 06:08 PM

Had they put a bunch of boat footage in the movie it still would have been a silly movie that really blows.

cherrycobalt262 01-29-2007 10:41 PM

I heard that the production of the boat scenes cost $8 mil...

obviously if thats half right, what a waste!