Old 01-07-2002, 09:08 AM
Charter Member #300
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NY boat show is always lame
Old 01-07-2002, 09:29 AM
Boat Girl

Talking

I have to agree, there were very few HP boats there...No Cigarette, no Skater, no Active Thunder, no Kryptonite, no Bat Boats but there were several interesting things to see...Silverton had a nice showing, and so did Formula, they put out a nice product...Sunseeker, Jen thanks for chatting, you look good girl. Some neat gadgets and a really nice airbrush guy from Queens, forgot the name, but he's like the only one there, hes over by Fountain you have to check out the ice cream boat...Got a good deal on a subscription to powerboat mag, and a free tshirt to boot...Semper Fi it was nice to meet you too...The girls and I are going back on Saturday...

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: Boat Girl ]

Old 01-07-2002, 09:51 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
CALL ME AT AGENCY BOOTH AT THE SHOW.MY PHONE NUMBER AT OUR BOOTH AT THE SHOW IS 212 624 6816.I MAY HAVE SOME MORE TICKETS AND I'll GET YOU ON THE HIGH PERFORMANCE BOATS WITHOUT WAITING IN ANY LINES OR DEALING WITH ANY PART TIME SALES PEOPLE.I THINK THAT REGGIE WILL BE THERE THIS WEEKEND.
Old 01-07-2002, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
THe boat show is always a bit lame but like "Shanghied Again " said ,, A bad day of boats is still better then being home and beats the hell out of work !

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: boot ]
Old 01-07-2002, 10:50 PM
SunseekerNY

ThunderDan:

I went through all of our brokerage listings at the show today. We took a 1999 40-foot Formula on trade with almost zero hours on the boat, and it is in mint condition. They want to turn this boat over, and I know for a fact that they will go as low as 160 (maybe lower) to make a quick deal. I believe it is listed at 200. You need to speak with Kevin McCauley. Good luck in your search, and I hope this helps.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: SunseekerNY ]

Old 01-07-2002, 11:00 PM
WHIPLASH RACING

Boatgirl,
You were right about there not being many high performance manufacturers. Outerlimits by far had the nicest boats there. There was actually a 27 Kryptonite there at the show. It had a pair of Mercury outboards on it. It was brought there by Ocean Outboard. It was right by the Baja display. First time Cigarette hasnt been there in many years. All in all with the way the economy is and things going on it wasn't that bad of a show.

Old 01-07-2002, 11:23 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts
Was Sonic there?

Brian
Old 01-08-2002, 07:58 AM

Sonic was not there, no cigarette, fountain had a few UGLY boats from Trenton Marine... Man o man the new Fountains are ugly... they look like retro performance boats with wrap around clear platic winsdshields... I throught they were Fugly!

I'll do Baltimore w/e after next and A/C Boat show in Feb - A/C will definately be better....You've got all the Joisey guys that are big around the middle...gold chains and can't seem to wear anything but big warm-up suits in attendance...

Old 01-08-2002, 08:11 AM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
The boat show was beat. Outerlimits people were snobs.
Old 01-08-2002, 08:46 AM
Boat Girl

Dennis, thanks, I musta missed it, didnt really stop by baja, so that is probably why...But, I am going back on Saturday so I will check it out...

Quick Reply: NYC Boat Show How was it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.