Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   NYC Boat Show How was it? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/15038-nyc-boat-show-how.html)

MWL 01-06-2002 10:25 AM

NYC Boat Show How was it?

For anyone that has been there so far this weekend how is the show. What are the highlights of the show in regards to performance boating
thanks

Semper Fi 01-06-2002 11:04 AM

I was there yesterday and I thought it was pretty lame for performance boaters. It seemed to be a very small show. There were only 5 or 6 performance companies there. Outerlimits,Fountain, Formula, Donzi, and a few others. I did have the pleasure of meeting Boat Girl, who was a sweetheart and I really enjoyed her company. Formula and Fountain had a nice display and selection of boats, Outerlimits had a 37' and 42', Wellcraft was there, but I didn't see a Scarab anywhere, Donzi had a few boats. The highlight of the show would probably be the young blonde lady that represents Chris Craft boats, Wow! Don't miss seeing her. The new Chris Craft boats were designed to look like the wooden boats from the past(and did), and they really did a nice job. It was fun to be back in NY again. I was hoping to meet other OSO people, but I didn't see a post on people getting together. I thought I would see at a couple of cats there, but not one! In last years LA show, every manufacturer had at least one cat model. I was hoping to see Hustler, Cigarette, Superboat and Powerplay there, but no such luck. I hope this can enlighten you on the show.

MWL 01-06-2002 11:17 AM

Many thanks Just what I thought. I guess I will have to see everything in Miami in February.

S4Hadi 01-06-2002 11:42 AM

Did mercruiser have a good repower motor section and do they generally have better boat show prices there?

I'm looking to repower with a 502MAG/496HO and I'm wondering if I should go to the NY boat show or should I just order one from www.repropower.com?

Jamal

toolman 01-06-2002 11:51 AM

S4Hadi,

Check your e-mail.

Toolman

:D

puder 01-06-2002 03:26 PM

i'm going later on this week. i just liek checking out all the boats not just the performance boats.

Cigarette500EFI 01-06-2002 04:56 PM

The show sucked !!! Cigarette was not there, and from a performance boating standpoint save your money.

Frank Civitano 01-06-2002 06:42 PM

Thats why I like Atlantic City much better, More Performance boats, Cigarette,Sonic,Outerlimits,Fountain,Donzi,Black Thunder,Checkmate and Baja are always there! I am pretty sure Ultra is returning this year to. But were there is boats I will be there, A lame day at the boat show is better then being home!
Frank

thunderdan 01-06-2002 08:12 PM

I agree, it was pretty lame. The outerlimits that they had there were sweet looking boats, wanted to go check out the interior of the boat but was rejected. It must be they way I looked. (you can not afford this boat). WTF :mad: I even got an attitude from the rep that was there when I wanted to ask some questions about the boat. I got two words for them "bite me" Fountian had a nice array of boats, even Wyatt was manning the booth on Sat.

SunseekerNY 01-07-2002 09:04 AM

Originally posted by thunderdan:
<STRONG>I agree, it was pretty lame. The outerlimits that they had there were sweet looking boats, wanted to go check out the interior of the boat but was rejected. It must be they way I looked. (you can not afford this boat). WTF :mad: I even got an attitude from the rep that was there when I wanted to ask some questions about the boat. I got two words for them "bite me" Fountian had a nice array of boats, even Wyatt was manning the booth on Sat.</STRONG>
Dan, please come over to Sunseeker, and we will give you a different opinion about the boat show. Our customers come in all ages, shapes, and sizes, and we NEVER qualify a customer based on the way they look. I should know. I'm the corporate spy. They didn't stick me out front in a hostess uniform because they needed an extra model. Send me an e-mail, and I'll have some tickets waiting for you at Will Call if you'd like to take a second peak at the show.