Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cool Apache project. (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/150385-cool-apache-project.html)

Chris Sunkin 01-31-2007 09:44 AM

Re: Cool Apache project.

Originally Posted by WARPAINT (Post 2010919)
Dare to be different:cool:

Sometimes, different is better. Other times, it's just "different"

Keep in mind, you'll likely narrow the field dramatically if you ever want to sell it.

Panther 01-31-2007 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 2010926)
I think 2 w/ a removable center would be a good idea... like in an OL.

I would like to add a center slide-in bolster at some point. It would be nice for passengers on those days when someone is stuck standing in the middle....:eek:

Brad 01-31-2007 10:30 AM

There was a 28 @ the Lauderdale Boat show a few years ago that McManus had converted. into a six pack

SHAWNA 01-31-2007 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by WARPAINT (Post 2010469)
Interested in having someone convert my 28 Apache into 6 man stand-up configuration.Anyone in the Northeast here interested?Probably need to do some work on the helm.Also would like a nice light weight race hatch{s}Any ideas what a project like this may cost?Lets hear some ideas.

I know the yeller boat is 5 man-up just trying to get the point across.

I thought you were selling your Apache? It's still listed in the classy's. What kind of shape is the cabin in? Got any pics.?

Shawn

WARPAINT 01-31-2007 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by SHAWNA (Post 2011114)
I thought you were selling your Apache? It's still listed in the classy's. What kind of shape is the cabin in? Got any pics.?

Shawn

Changed my mind.Not for sale.No cabin pics.sorry.

dave911 01-31-2007 02:00 PM

IF you're gonna go 6-pack, this sounds like best option.

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 2010926)
...2 w/ a removable center would be a good idea... like in an OL.

If you running at speed with 6 people, you might wanna sell and go with a bigger boat...

OL40SVX 01-31-2007 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2011014)
I would like to add a center slide-in bolster at some point. It would be nice for passengers on those days when someone is stuck standing in the middle....:eek:

We had that in our Fountain. It was a cool feature. I've been on Outerlimits with it and is works great. That would be your best bet to keep the resale up but an old school six man rocks!

vagrant 02-01-2007 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Nykamp (Post 2010478)
The Boat Clinic in jacksonville fl. he can do it, and does nice work. Don does really nice work, and he has worked on a few APACHES.

Don does all my work. You will be very pleased.

Good Luck

clearcut3 02-01-2007 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 2011014)

Joker had this on a new 38' cig topgun a few years ago. There are pics somewhere on the forum and I'm sure he has some. From what I recall it was smaller than a full size bolster and he may have done it for the children:)