Any Thoughts on performance boating and Poker Runs

Notices

Any Thoughts on performance boating and Poker Runs

Old 02-02-2007, 09:03 PM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Any Thoughts on performance boating and Poker Runs

We have been working on this for over a year now. Behind the scenes more than in front. Through initiatives like BESAFE offering bottom up solutions and targeted efforts to keep performance boating safe and self regulate the industry to prevent innapropraite Tombstone regulations.

We will again meet with industry leaders Saturday morning at the Miami Boat Show. BESAFE is a completely independant, registered Non-Profit offering safety solutions at no charge to the entire boating community.

Remember there is a speed limit on the water.

BESAFE
Old 02-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think that speed on the water should be regulated by the government. We lose more and more "rights" all the time. If we want to go out on the water and do 100 mph thats our perogative, unless there are other boats or people nearby that can be effected, but even in that case thats when the marine police should step in and properly summons that individual. Hopefully anyone buying a boat that does 80 and over is smart enough and cautious enough to know when and when not to push it. The Insurance companies are out of control and I think that what most people fail to realize is that you can lose control and die doing 40 mphjust as easily as 120 mph.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tazz
Guys, it's only going to get get worse with the democrats in power...God help us.

You said it!!!!!!!!
Old 02-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

god help us if the sierra club ever finds out we exist.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by SUNSATION 25
You said it!!!!!!!!
Third that!
Old 02-03-2007, 08:39 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just think the offshore boaters that are on lakes and rivers should let the jetboaters take all the restrictions and run OFFSHORE

Ernie
Old 02-03-2007, 09:08 AM
RHC
Registered

Way to many people are buying Offshore Boats because they are cool and then put them on Inland lakes and Rivers,,,, thats like taking your Corvette and trying to run it on the Go-cart track at the theme park,,,, at that point ,, yes they need Regulated ,,, take them Offshore where they belong ,,,, go to the Great Lakes or the Ocean ,,, If your South ,, Go to the Gulf ,,, other-wise ,,, Slow down ,,,, MHO

RHC
Old 02-03-2007, 09:24 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, for arguements sake..... there is a speed limit on our roads and I don't hear any complaints. Why do we feel there should be none on the water? (inland waters for conversation)

I have no issues with a limit, as long as it isn't less than 80, cause that doesn't effect me.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

What Topspin and RHC said.100 mph boats with 1000's of horsepower and open headers belong on the ocean or any other open body of water.I know that is inconvenient for many but that is just the fact of where they belong.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

IMO this is not about speed, it's about educating the majority on exisitng laws and boater safety. To compare a lake to a roadway is ridiculous as boat driving is, for the most part unregulated (no license required). I have been boating on LOTO (one of the most dangreous lakes) most of my natural born life and the great majority of the issues here are a failure to use even common sense. There is a 30mph night time speed limit, but during the day the use of the lake dictates the speed. When I want to run fast I'm up early in the morning before all the cruisers are on the water, same goes for the bass boat... I'm not running 90 on Sat. afternoon. Likewise I respect the home owners in the coves and observe a no-wake policy there. The coves are for the PWC's and ski boats to enjoy. Bottom line is that there's room for all to co-exist and the first step is learning the rules of the road. It would be interesting to start a poll and see how many of you have ever been to or passed a Coast Guard safe boating program.

Quick Reply: Any Thoughts on performance boating and Poker Runs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.