Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Ettore powerboats? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/15060-ettore-powerboats.html)

shifter 01-16-2002 12:21 AM

tom, Ill be looking forward to those pictures.
craig, I have seen you type invoices, this must have really gotten you going. :D :D
I need to come to Scot's defense. I have talked to him in length about the laps before the accident. Every lap they tried something different i know it was agonizing for them to start backing off. They were talking about pulling off when the accident happened. I was in the helicopter trying to wish them to stop. We had come a long way in a short time to give up. Scot and Jim desided to keep going hoping for a desent finish. I watched them getting deeper in trouble by backing off.They got into the rythm of the swell. They ended up running the outside line not the inside were it was smoother. I don't think that is running stupid.
When you come back by California stop for more than 1 day, we should have some toys put together for you to destroy. We need your opinion on how a six speed box is in a boat since you had a first try at our 2 speed back in 94. i can still remember looking back at Hardy and Walt hanging onto the fuel lines in the back of Riques 32. :) :) :) :) That was fun.
pat W

KIWI Craig 01-16-2002 04:46 AM

Sorry Pat, perhaps Stupid was to strong a word, I was really referring to the way way they started that race, as Key West rookies they needed to give the course some respect on the first lap, that first turn was a crash waiting to happen the way they drove in and I was there watching!
Give Coby the best of luck from me, I will break out my Kidstuff tee shirt for the weekend!
As for testing, check with Rique I may be up for a couple of weeks next month, lunch at Cappys?

Mike J 01-16-2002 10:40 AM

Craig:
Good to see your posts, See Ya
"SOON"???
Please EMail me.
Mike J.

Gordo 01-16-2002 03:02 PM

When I was looking at getting into offshore racing, I talked to everyone I could asking advice, experience, opinions and so on. He may not remember it, but I talked with Mr. Archer quite a few times about various boats, equipment and potential configurations. Every conversation was a world of information, but I was new to the sport and wanted to ask questions of anyone who would talk to me. Funny thing was, the more I talked with other people involved in racing, the more I realized the amount of respect held for Mr. Archer in the offshore racing world. Considering the egos in offshore racing, that impressed me.
So, Mr. Archer,
It's great to see you on the board. I look forward to meeting you in person some day.

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Gordo ]

shifter 01-18-2002 01:18 AM

Craig,
Your on for Cappy's. We will take my new/old car.
What is Rique up to? He has been quiet, too quiet.
pat W
ettore update, the glass work is done now it's on to the wiring. What a mess. :rolleyes:

shoei 01-22-2002 12:20 AM

Well Craig looks like you shut HERMAN up for a week or so......mabee his head will shrink back to its normal size..... He acts like he is the worls best in offshore and he has never done anything wrong in life, its always someone else thats the problem...Wake up and DRY OFF my friend (NOT) your in in a WET DREAM......

gmhdfan 01-22-2002 12:58 AM

That reminds me of the saying:

"Winners compare their achievements with their goals, while losers compare their achievments with those of others" :)

KIWI Craig 01-22-2002 05:05 AM

Hey now, I never said I knew what I was talking about, only been a some time racer with a few wins to my credit!! Maybe Herman will stay in his Arizona hole!!
Shoie, did you and I once race together?