Notices

Comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, & Nortech

Old 02-05-2007, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts
Default Re: Comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, & Nortech

Originally Posted by SCARABJ
2005 32
Wrong.........................06 SS stepped hull spun and the owner had never had one before and Sunsation more than rectified the problem.

Funny how the stepped bottom boats no matter who the manufacturer is it is never operator error it is always the manufacturer's issue.

ScarabJ never realized that you had a big power 39, seen the boat but thought it was stock power.

What didn't you like about the F4? Multiplexer, power footrests, sculpted sun pad and paint seem to be very popular with the people who have seen them. The 1st one is 600 powered and hit 94 MPH so performance seems right on with the competition.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Not sure of the sizes but I saw a few of them at the AC show last year. I felt the quality wasn't there and the rigging was basic. Although, there were lots of people looking at them because the price was cheap. Also, the 32 looks more like a 28, not sure why..

I haven't seen the 42 but I look forward to running with on one on the ocean next summer.....
Old 02-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

The pics of the 32 that rolled in IL a few seasons ago were already posted on OSO.

Shlt happens, and they ALL BREAK.
Usually due to stupidity and ignorance.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend got a 2004 32' Sunsation last summer with 496's. It is a nice boat and was very fast for the power that it had(84mph). The ride was good till the water got rough. I believe that these boats are very light and that is good for speed but bad for ride quality. Last year i owned a 35' Sonic (76-78mph) and on a normal busy weekend I had no problem keeping up with him because I did not have to back out of the throttle as much as he did. I have not seen the new hull that has been mentioned (F-4) so I can't say anything about how it rides. The Sunsation is a nice boat. I guess it depends on what you are looking for in a boat. I wanted speed and ride quality so I went with an Outerlimits. I don't think i will have to back out of it much this year either.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I have family that live real close to the factory & I'm sure they are great boat. I think Robbie Kerig does some wiggits for them. But, if you guys don't know the difference between a Vette & a Lambo past the performance numbers I'm thinking you might not be able to tell the difference in a true hand built boat either. I started out wanting to be on Sunsations side untill the Vette vs. Lambo comment was made.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:06 PM
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Wrong.........................06 SS stepped hull spun and the owner had never had one before and Sunsation more than rectified the problem.

Funny how the stepped bottom boats no matter who the manufacturer is it is never operator error it is always the manufacturer's issue.

ScarabJ never realized that you had a big power 39, seen the boat but thought it was stock power.

What didn't you like about the F4? Multiplexer, power footrests, sculpted sun pad and paint seem to be very popular with the people who have seen them. The 1st one is 600 powered and hit 94 MPH so performance seems right on with the competition.
Let me clear a few things up.... I think sunsations are one of the greatest bang for the buck boats!! And I do like them...the owner of the 32 in question had owned a single STEP 288 for a couple of years before tradind it on the 32...it was not his first sunsation..... and it was not driver error!! And yes sunsation took care of it after a long drawn out deal but they did take care of it!
My boat is a #6 speedmaster boat with 900 keith eickerts...
I liked the f4 but in no way is it a ol....maybe closer to a nortech or cig...but not there yet
Also there is a relationship with extream boats and sunsation you know what I'm talking about
I will not post pics it is not my biz so no one ask
James
Old 02-05-2007, 04:21 PM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

Bjlesl,

Lambo's look cool but are full of Audi parts and while quality is better than the 80's they are far from top quality. Corvettes are plastic cars that go fast. I know the difference but think the analogy used previously by SJ was flawed.

SJ,

The owner put about 200 hours on the 04 288 boat with no issues but that was a partial step boat. Full step didn't show up until 05. That 288 was flawless for him and still is for the subsequent owner. 4 months after buying the SS (first true twin stepped hull) there was a spin/ issue with boat.

I can agree with the quality analogy with Cig/ NT but still aiming for OL but they are a low production custom builder (24 boats a year).

You got a nice 39, when are you going to paint it to reflect the power it has? Plain white doesn't do that boat justice.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:25 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation

SJ,

The owner put about 200 hours on the 04 288 boat with no issues but that was a partial step boat. Full step didn't show up until 05. That 288 was flawless for him and still is for the subsequent owner. 4 months after buying the SS (first true twin stepped hull) there was a spin/ issue with boat.
Reports were that it was VERY cold, and there was some black ice on the lake that attributed to the spin.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

i dont think you can compare them but i do think they make a great boat. i would say a sunsation is a better built boat compared to baja.comming from a baja owner but i wouldnt go as far as cig or ol.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

My Hot Boat arrived today, and it has an article on the F-4. The price as tested with twin 600s is $565,500 and the weight is 10,000 pounds. Top speed tested was 87.1 mph...

Quick Reply: Comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, & Nortech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.