Notices

Comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, & Nortech

Old 02-06-2007, 06:14 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, & Nortech

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Great thread Neil, you got everyone fired up. I thought coming out of a 42 Tiger you would be inquiring about an F4 and apparently so did everyone else, including Dave Donchez.
I think Dave's response was aimed at the F4 comparison.

I don't think that a 32 Sunsation (and I have a 32) can be judged on the same level as a NT, OL or Cig because they don't compete at the 32 ft level. Smallest boat from 2 builders is a 39, and Cig does make the Vice but don't think that is a real popluar boat (probably a couple dozen ever built) so for them so basically their smallest is a 38 TG.

As far as speeding tickets in your boat you should just pull the big power and put a couple of 525's in there and enjoy stock, slower but reliable power. I wouldn't trade from a 42 to a 32 no matter who makes it.
IMO it doesn't matter what boat I was asking about anyhow because Dave was refuring to Sunsation Boats being comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, and Nortech.

I didn't start the thread to "fire everyone up" and IMO not everyone is "fired up". It was a simple question. I think you should consider the fact that I would even, honestly pose the question about the comparison. If someone would have told me Fountain was comparable to the three do you think I would have wasted my time with a thread like this? NO!

I don't know a hell of a lot about Sunsation and I was interested in learning more.

Do you think it was a bad move on my part to investigate if Sunsation boats are really comparable or not? I don't. And you shouldn't either if your confident about the manufacturer your purchasing from.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Neil,

What are you looking for in your next ride??

Dan
Old 02-06-2007, 06:28 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm
Neil,

What are you looking for in your next ride??

Dan
I'm really not sure Dan... Trying to do my homework.

The Sunsation SS caught my eye at the Montreal Boat show and I have no knowledge of the company. So I though I'd inquiry for the heck of it.

I definately know what I don't want. That's for sure.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My personal opinion on Sunsation is they all look like the same boat, not a fan of the styling but they're tooling is top notch. As far as construction I hope they use less chopper gun on the F4 and foam the tanks rather than plop them on a pile of gunk.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:39 PM
Registered

Received 883 Likes on 479 Posts

Originally Posted by drypipetiger
How do you know you wouldn't? Have you owned a 42'?

Perhaps my priorities have changed. Perhaps I'd like to have money to have other toys besides a boat. Ever consider that?

Wasn't meaning to insult the change but the ride will definitely get rougher without that 10 feet of boat no matter what the brand. Your 42 seems to be an optimal boat but I can see having other toys being that you only have a few months of boating up there.
Old 02-06-2007, 06:45 PM
Registered

Received 90 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by SCARABJ
that is the reason i asked the question...if this is true it would make a big difference in the way i think...why not build all the boats up to the standard of the f4??
Not sure if it makes sense for the 32 and 28 market considering the difference in materials and schedules, which would ultimately change the price points of the boats. Time will tell though.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:06 PM
Banned

Was on Mentalpauses boat at the Shootout, I thought the boat had some neat features throughout. Sunsation put alot of thought into the ergonomics. very nice Mcloed interior, nice rigging,The hull seemed solid, fit finish was nice and performance for that size of boat was very good, I know John is happy with it, There 28 and 32 are very good boats for the money. Comparing it to the big three is very complicated as each manufacturer has carved it's own niche in the market.Nortech purposely avoids the race thing as they are interested in the high end pleasure market, I would be happy with any of them.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:27 PM
Registered

have you looked at the new 33 A.T. ? smaller than your tiger and will still give you the ride quality. I know I'm a little off subject but I thought maybe a change would help. this doesn't seem to going anywhere good. I do hope you find what you want I think I understand what you are trying to do, good luck its tough to down size. Check out the new Power Boat mag good review of the 33 and A.T.

Last edited by cosmic12; 02-06-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old 02-06-2007, 07:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Hey Drypipe I've got a 43 Scarab for sale & I haven't been able to top 90 yet (is that slow enough). I think I seen video on your boat a while back very cool keep the noise. Hey JS I'm working on my homework any idea on when the test is. How's this for homework. Summer of 05 myself & co-workers took a Ford Nascar Craftsman Truck to Audi's full scale rollin road tunnel in germany. They (Audi) where finishing testing on the new Bugatti Veyron. I believe Audi has some or all of the ownership in Bugatti now. Does this mean a new Bugatti has the A/C controls out of your wife A8? Just wondeering?
Old 02-06-2007, 07:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Mentalpause
Did you get your new one yet?
It hasn't made too much progress lately (that I'm aware of). It is schedualed to enter the paint booth Feb.19th, which is the day I'm leaving Florida I thought it would have been painted, but you know how the build process goes But overall I should be in good shape for May delivery. It won't do me much good right now here its barely above zero out right now.

Quick Reply: Comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, & Nortech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.