Notices

Comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, & Nortech

Old 02-05-2007, 02:33 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, & Nortech

Hey guys,

Saw a Sunsation at the Montreal boat show this weekend and decided to learn more... Emailed the company directly and Dave Donchecz, Chief Operating Officer responded.

He said, "Our boat is not the cheapest boat out there but I think it is one of the best built in the market. Our competition is Cigarette,Outerlimits, and Nortech when it comes to an apple to apple comparison."

My first instinct was that they were not comparable... Are they?

Neil
Old 02-05-2007, 02:42 PM
Drive to arrive alive!!!
Platinum Member

Received 397 Likes on 124 Posts
Default Re: Comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, & Nortech

I know they have come a long way since their inception, but I don't think that they have quite made it yet. I don't own one, but the ones I looked at seemed to be a good lake boat, but not a big water boat.

I do hear the customer service is very good though.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:47 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

They have stepped up to the plate squarely with the 43' F4 hull, which evolved from the 38' PowerPlay.

Time will tell. I think they have 4 hulls so far; (gaining on the PowerPlay originals ).

I'd like to see how they handle in the rough water (repeatedly).
Old 02-05-2007, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I wouldn't think so, and they do seem to be pretty cheap price wise compared to other builders.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:59 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by drypipetiger

Neil
Their F4 is quite a machine from multiplexer to 100 mph runs with 700's. Lots of detail and unlike Cigarette you can call the owners 7 days a week. Company has been around since 1982, Fountain started in 79, Cig in 69, NT the 90's I think.

Phil gets 100 MPH from a 42X with 700's and the Sunsation has a/c fridge/ generator on their 43. 42X has cooler, no a/c no genny and is a smaller cabin boat. Nortech needs 3 625's to hit 100. OL runs faster but has less equipment like Cigarette.

I would talk to them in Miami if your coming down and you will definitely be impressed. Donchez has been in the industry forever and was a Cigarette dealer in Texas in the early 90's so he knows the competition well. The F4 just won the V bottom of the year in Extreme boats magazine this month. I haven't been along for an F4 ride but the 38 PP was a solid riding boat and an excellent base to start with.
Their customer service would be comparable to Phil at Lipship and their rigging, fit in finish are definitely in line with the competition so I think you will be digging this thread up in a few years to comment how they are now recognized with the others listed.

The Miami show will have 2 F4's, one Poker Run edition, one standard both rigged with 700's. I think the MSRP for a 43 with 700's is about 600K with generator/trailer as only options.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:04 PM
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys,

Saw a Sunsation at the Montreal boat show this weekend and decided to learn more... Emailed the company directly and Dave Donchecz, Chief Operating Officer responded.

He said, "Our boat is not the cheapest boat out there but I think it is one of the best built in the market. Our competition is Cigarette,Outerlimits, and Nortech when it comes to an apple to apple comparison."

Neil
yea rite i have been on all of these boats and a sunsation compared to the other 3 is like comparing a mustang to a ferreri... but what do you expect from the COO of a company... I'm sure Chevy will tell ya that the camaro is a much better car than a Lamborghini
Old 02-05-2007, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by SCARABJ
yea rite i have been on all of these boats and a sunsation compared to the other 3 is like comparing a mustang to a ferreri... but what do you expect from the COO of a company... I'm sure Chevy will tell ya that the camaro is a much better car than a Lamborghini
The F4 has only been at a few shows so far. Where did you see one? You obviously can't compare a 288 496 Mag boat to a 38 TG or NT 50 but I have been on a 39V and you would get embarrassed by an F4 if comparing apples to apples.

Be fair, check the boats out in Miami, they are across from NT's display.

As far as a Chevy vs a Lamborgini, you may want to rethink that analogy since a 500 HP Z06 can embarrass a Gallardo all day long and it can be serviced locally at any GM dealer.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:16 PM
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
The F4 has only been at a few shows so far. Where did you see one? You obviously can't compare a 288 496 Mag boat to a 38 TG or NT 50 but I have been on a 39V and you would get embarrassed by an F4 if comparing apples to apples.

Be fair, check the boats out in Miami, they are across from NT's display.

As far as a Chevy vs a Lamborgini, you may want to rethink that analogy since a 500 HP Z06 can embarrass a Gallardo all day long and it can be serviced locally at any GM dealer.
i walked all over the red f4 in loto and trust me unless it goes more than 122mph(not keyboard speed please) it wont upset my 39V and i have rode on the 32 ss and a 32?? with 500's and 496's.. i can post some pics of how well sunsations are built if YOU REALLY WANT ME TO....i was there when one spun out at 50 mph and came apart...let me know on those pics

Last edited by SCARABJ; 02-05-2007 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 03:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SCARABJ
i can post some pics of how well sunsations are built if YOU REALLY WANT ME TO....i was there when one spun out at 50 mph and came apart...let me know on those pics

Was it an older model that fell apart?
Old 02-05-2007, 03:22 PM
AKA NORTECHJ
Gold Member

Was it an older model that fell apart?
2005 32

Quick Reply: Comparable to Cig, Outerlimits, & Nortech

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.