Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   National Marine in ohio (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/150901-national-marine-ohio.html)

Chris Sunkin 02-07-2007 06:33 PM

Re: National Marine in ohio

Originally Posted by fountain11 (Post 2018999)
thanks for all the help, I also live in florida now and would love to know where he lives. I have not made a payment since the sale. the bank has not come after me till now. The bank that had the loan (E-Trade) would not give me the boat back even if I made the two payments that were late! I was willing to take back the boat and resale it, but no they wholesaled the boat for 60% of the blue book value and wants me to pick up the rest.

Craig

It's starting to sound like you knew about this some time back and the bank is just now coming after you for the shortfall. You needed a lawyer a LONG time ago.

Knowing where he is won't help you. He's bankrupt and the assets of National are more non-existent today than they were when they were in business. You could go "visit him" but then you'll just owe $$ on a boat you don't have when Florida lets you out.

fountain11 02-07-2007 06:43 PM

if you were sitting in my shoes, you would know how real it is!

Indy 02-07-2007 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by fountain11 (Post 2018999)
thanks for all the help, I also live in florida now and would love to know where he lives.

Do a search on him here, it's been posted a few times.

FeverMike 02-07-2007 08:34 PM

It's for real and I know of a guy that bought a new Cigarette and trading in his old boat and the old boat was never paid off plus sold to someone else. No payments are being made from what I've been told on the Cig either....it's really a big mess that has suprised me on how long this has been unsolved.

Dano 02-08-2007 08:03 AM

Let's not confuse cars and boats...they are different:D USCG documentation vs. title is different...you are correct that among other things it helps protect the lender. There is a lot of info on title vs. doc on this site....

Regardless, reference statement above regarding said loan approval process...follow the money (or lack of).

Hate to say it but you will owe the delta $$. Get a lawyer.

Dano 02-08-2007 08:07 AM

PS: I'm not posting because I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last nite either...you seriously need(ed) to negotiate a settlement. Sorry, it blows but it is what it is.

cobrapower 02-08-2007 08:46 AM

Performance Boats USA is a Joint venture between Cobra Power & Chris Joiner whereas Cobra Power will provide all necessary service and power upgrades. Bill hionas has absolutely nothing to do with Performance Boats USA !

Now on a more positive note, anyone who needs to repower or upgrade their boats, your trades are welcome.

Cobra Power
305-893-5018

otis311 02-08-2007 09:39 AM

Thankyou for clearing that up Randy

Good lock to the both of you

Bob Scanlon
518 361-6521

Ms PatriYacht 02-08-2007 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by cobrapower (Post 2019618)
Performance Boats USA is a joint venture between Cobra Power & Chris Joiner. Bill H. Has absolutely nothing to do with Performance Boats USA, never has and never will.

Now on a more positive note, who needs to repower or upgrade their boats, your trades are welcome.

Cobra Power
305-893-5018

Is that Chris Joiner from MI

cobrapower 02-08-2007 10:32 AM

Yes, Chris Joiner from MI.