Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Has anyone taken pics at the LA boat show (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/150937-has-anyone-taken-pics-la-boat-show.html)

thisistank 02-08-2007 11:27 PM

Re: Has anyone taken pics at the LA boat show

Originally Posted by HUSTLEthis (Post 2020693)
No worries there Tank....Randy Davis is straight up.
The 47 is supposed to be great for the Catalina ski race too, word has it the wake is great for the skier...

Tom

No worries from me....I have no steak in it. Just curious.

TSPM 02-09-2007 08:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by bobl (Post 2020307)
You're correct. That is a Skater bottom. Nordic purchased the rights to use it from them. They tooled the top themselves. At least that is the way Nordic explained it to me.

Correct.......but the bottom has been worked a bit for entry as well as being flaired in spots and deepend sponsons. This is all above board and fully legit between Skater and Nordic. The bottoms are very close but not identical. The top deck was engineered by Ross Wilson Designs. The boat can be had in numerous configurations and layups as needed by the individual client.

Here is a rear shot that many have private messaged me about.

....and one more thing....the boat just made it to the show and is not completed yet....custom billet harware and some other components are missing.

TSPM 02-09-2007 11:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Got more pics today......here is the 43 cat

TSPM 02-09-2007 11:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
....and the 47 CYCLONE........interesting transom area :cool:

Cash Bar 02-09-2007 12:04 PM

Pretty frickin' sweet...

I still say it reminds me of the Spectre, but all boats remind us of others somehow.

IDRPSTF 02-09-2007 12:19 PM

Lonnie is still at the helm and setting the standards. My showroom is 5 miles from Nordic and I drive by two times per day checking out the new idea's and toys parked on the hill. The crew of Nordic has always been hospitable when customers or fans drop in and the product keeps getting more impressive every year. Its great to see a builder putting some R&D into these designs and giving the public something to look forward to each year as opposed to just a new paint swirl and added swim platform. As long as they keep up this pace we can still get excited about annual boat shows.

My $.02

Strip Poker 388 02-09-2007 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by TSPM (Post 2021119)
....and the 47 CYCLONE........interesting transom area :cool:

the seats look cheap to me,the transom/rear looks different. I still like the lines of it.:drink:

TSPM 02-09-2007 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 (Post 2021354)
the seats look cheap to me,the transom/rear looks different. I still like the lines of it.:drink:

Have not seen the interior components in person yet but from what I understand they are of high quality. Either PPI or McLeod did them. They are to be further refined and both boats will have several seating options including full suspension seats as an option.

TSPM 02-09-2007 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 2021423)
Only seats five, looks like a small cockpit. I prefer twin buckets with the sticks in a center console and twin doors to the cabin. Great looking boat though, as is the 47 V.

This version has a cabin area up front and you need center access ...... but you can have center sticks with side buckets as well. There will be a number of configurations available from pleasure to full blown race. A wide variety of layups as well from STD to full on epoxy/carbon.

OL40SVX 02-09-2007 04:51 PM

It looks like you sit high in the back seats of that 43 cat.