Has anyone taken pics at the LA boat show

Notices

Has anyone taken pics at the LA boat show

Old 02-07-2007, 11:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Has anyone taken pics at the LA boat show

Originally Posted by johnlomant
That cat looks a lot like the mti cats. I cant wait to see more pics of it. The nordic v looks sweet also , they are going to have a good year.
Yes and the 32 Cat will be out in Spring. The Big V is a 47 Nordic CYCLONE. CYCLONE RACE BOATS ( A championship race boat company in Europe) was purchased by Nordic Powerboats, they relocated the entire factory and staff to the US to produce these under the Nordic name.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have posted some pics in the Nordic and MCPA forums.
The show was awesome!
Regards,
Steve
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone taken pics at the LA boat show-la-boat-show-001.jpg   Has anyone taken pics at the LA boat show-la-boat-show-043.jpg   Has anyone taken pics at the LA boat show-la-boat-show-089.jpg  

Old 02-07-2007, 02:21 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TSPM
Yes and the 32 Cat will be out in Spring. The Big V is a 47 Nordic CYCLONE. CYCLONE RACE BOATS ( A championship race boat company in Europe) was purchased by Nordic Powerboats, they relocated the entire factory and staff to the US to produce these under the Nordic name.
The V bottom is from Australia, Ross Wilson design.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Registered

Received 47 Likes on 30 Posts

I was a bit disappointed in the Nordic cat. Boat wasn't finished, although the design looked good. The V didn't look finished off either as far as rigging and details, but at least the back seat was in it.

I was also disappointed in the Laveycraft quality this year. Two years ago it was flawless. You had to really look for any defects. The decks were completely flat. The interior fit like a glove. This year, it looked a bit sloppy, like they hired a bunch of new people who didn't really know what they were doing. The Baja looked better built this year to me.

Prices seem to have shot up this year. $82K for a 26' Baja, and that's the show special? Entry level offshore is getting out of reach for many people.

The new 700SCi Merc package was there. It has aluminum heads, new higher strength drive with dry sump that slots between the Bravo and Six, and, of course, the blower.

Mercury Marine says they are scrambling to meet the new '08 emission standards for California for 500 hp or less. They are trying to get catalytic converters to last in a marine environment. I'd avoid an '08 engine myself until they have some field time, because I think there may be a good chance problems could come up later. We'll see.

Other notables: Cigarette Top Gun 38, a well used 30' Skater cat, and two Fountains.

Michael
Old 02-07-2007, 02:38 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

A lot of manufacturers are scrambling to make a show. Some such as Eliminator, had to have at least 12 boats built, polished and delivered to the show, in addition to their regular production work.

The Nordic Cat was just finished on Thursday morning and they have the interior in it now.

A lot of work goes into just getting to the show. Especially when one adds that its a new model they want to show off. The 55' MTI was the same way at the Miami show last year.

The Nordic V runs, it was just solid white and needs some color.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
The V bottom is from Australia, Ross Wilson design.
Correct....and yes the cat and Big V are not yet completely finished ....they just made it to the show in time as in the present state.....at least they had them there.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:02 PM
Registered

Nordic is just getting started, just wait untill the cats are done.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking Re: Has anyone taken pics at the LA boat show

Originally Posted by Michael1
I was also disappointed in the Laveycraft quality this year. Two years ago it was flawless. You had to really look for any defects. The decks were completely flat. The interior fit like a glove. This year, it looked a bit sloppy, like they hired a bunch of new people who didn't really know what they were doing. The Baja looked better built this year to me.

Other notables: Cigarette Top Gun 38, a well used 30' Skater cat, and two Fountains.

Michael

I didn't notice the problems with Laveycraft. There're boats are almost always flawless.

Although I may be a little bias - I thought the best boat of the show (in terms of bang for buck) was the staggered 35 Fountain Lightning. $188,000 for 93 MPH in a fully loaded 35 foot package....
Old 02-07-2007, 03:16 PM
Registered

Interior Pics of the Nordic 47 Cyclone......
Attached Images   
Old 02-07-2007, 03:31 PM
Registered

Nordic 43 Cat interior.......
Attached Thumbnails Has anyone taken pics at the LA boat show-43nordiccata1.jpg   Has anyone taken pics at the LA boat show-43nordiccatb1.jpg   Has anyone taken pics at the LA boat show-43nordiccatc1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Has anyone taken pics at the LA boat show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.