Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Holiday Isle staying open another year (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/150954-holiday-isle-staying-open-another-year.html)

FeverMike 02-07-2007 08:36 PM

Re: Holiday Isle staying open another year

I am down in the Keys this week and I stopped into Holiday Isle just to see what is going on. It will be open for a while because the new condo's are not selling like they thought. Although Holiday Ilse is not putting any money into keeping the place clean and it is more run down than I have ever saw...it's pretty disgusting and dirty if you ask me.

J-Bonz 02-07-2007 09:41 PM

Thats a shame......................

otis311 02-08-2007 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by FeverMike (Post 2019260)
I am down in the Keys this week and I stopped into Holiday Isle just to see what is going on. It will be open for a while because the new condo's are not selling like they thought. Although Holiday Ilse is not putting any money into keeping the place clean and it is more run down than I have ever saw...it's pretty disgusting and dirty if you ask me.

Mike, Its been that way for a long time. Its a great place to party and have fun,but I wouldnt reccomend the hotel to anyone who hasnt stayed there in the past The place is very easy to access by boat and centrally located to everything.

otis311 02-08-2007 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by CigDaze (Post 2019043)
I'm sure there's a story here I don't know about, but regardless that funny right there! :drink:

Nick, Isnt there always a story involved ??

It seems that everytime Jason,AKA LS3, is around me, my "grey moose" and Tonic seems to evaporate ata much quicker rate than when he is not around !!

jerseygirl 02-08-2007 10:11 AM

Sounds scary, I'm staying there for the Islamorada Run. Should I bring Lysol and Raid?

otis311 02-08-2007 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by jerseygirl (Post 2019722)
Sounds scary, I'm staying there for the Islamorada Run. Should I bring Lysol and Raid?

It aint that bad, but it aint that good either

Zudnic 02-08-2007 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by ACTIVESHACK (Post 2018804)
. So it might be business as usual there for sometime to come.

The process to build on the water is long and complicated; add in liberal groups, could be a real mess. A friend of mine Mom owned a bar on the water, it was destroyed by fire. After insurance hassles, the rebuilding process took almost 3 years and that was rebuilding a place that allready existed... Before burning this bar was the first licensed establishment in Washington State after prohibition, it was that old when it was destroyed by fire.........

Good that at least I'll have a better chance of seeing a landmark in person, that I've always wanted to see. :D

FeverMike 02-09-2007 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by jerseygirl (Post 2019722)

Sleeping in your clothes might be an option too!:eek:

J-Bonz 02-09-2007 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by FeverMike (Post 2021736)
Sleeping in your clothes might be an option too!:eek:

Or passing out in them.................:D

bgchuby01 02-09-2007 09:02 PM

It can't be any worse than a hotel in Jersey. I am typing from a room in paramus and the holiday isle is worse